EMERGENCY deformed chick struggling to eat normally

20230923_110644.jpg

He’s a cutie for sure. Unfortunately I just don’t know how he’ll be able to function or thrive with a deformity like this long term. I wouldn’t know since I’ve never seen anything like it. Just things to think about. Give him some extra lovings for me. 🫶
He's way lighter and smaller then his siblings. Someone came to adopt the chicks today, and they have some experience with special needs. Hopefully he'll live a good life :)

He's way lighter and smaller then his siblings. Someone came to adopt the chicks today, and they have some experience with special needs. Hopefully he'll live a good life :)
Hopefully if he does and you’re able to get in contact with the person who adopted him will you see if you can get us some pics as he grows up?

Hi my Bantam mixed hen, Moon, hatched out 15 chicks. One chick appeared odd out of the rest of them. He had no problem eating the first week. Then, he started developing this 'glob' on the bottom of his beak. His upper beak is longer than his bottom beak. None of the parents or grandparents had these defects. His embryo was normal like everyone else. Now he is struggling to swallow food and I don't know what's wrong or what to do. Theres saliva and food residue all over his face. He's now a little over 4 weeks old and developed this at week 2 1/2. First two photos are of week 1. 3rd is wk 2 1/2. 4th is a photo of his sibling. Last two are of him today. Please help this poor little guy!
Please take this baby to a vet! Why would you even consider killing this bird?

Nevermind, just saw you got someone to help...thank you for helping him! ❤️

Back
Top Bottom