Emergency emu chick in trouble

It cant sit up. It's on its side right now kicking its feet. Seem very weak. Looks like it has a hard time breathing. Was doing fine yesterday, found it on its sit in its box. around 2 weeks. Pretty light compared to other chicks, not sure its been eating or drinking fully. Seen it do the water head tilt but don't now if it got water
Just put it under a heat lamp. Im not sure if its been eating, I've seen it go for both food and water but don't now if its truly eat or drank anything
Should i give it some water, i don't know when it last drank.
Hear beat is around 66 i don't know if thats good or bad for emu chicks. Does kick its legs and throws its head back when touched
Just over 2 weeks I believe
@casportpony @Eggcessive @Wyorp Rock @azygous please help

Will do. How sugary? like a teaspoon in about a cup of water
Yes, that will do, maybe more - and if you have some electrolytes, add that too. If you have any Vitamin E (human kind is fine) capsules, try to pop one into her throat. Make some scrambled egg and moisten it, add Vit E to that, and hold her head in front of it to try to get her to eat.

I didn't have straight vitamin e so I used roster booster. I got some sugar water in it and got a little egg and roster booster. It now has its bottom eye lid almost fully closed

Yes, that will do, maybe more - and if you have some electrolytes, add that too. If you have any Vitamin E (human kind is fine) capsules, try to pop one into her throat. Make some scrambled egg and moisten it, add Vit E to that, and hold her head in front of it to try to get her to eat.
Ok, shes much more active moving/squirming when I touch her. Making noise but cant stand yet.

Keep offering a few drops of the sugar water / rooster booster every 30 seconds to a minute or so for 5-10 minutes and see if she perks up. Give her a break, and then do that again. Scrambled egg is good for food, too, but if she doesn't have much appetite, hydration / electrolytes come first.

Back
Top Bottom