Emergency hatch

ajneal30

Songster
7 Years
May 22, 2012
My BLRW roo died sometime in the last few days (I was out of town). I think he either choked on the food or got an impacted crop.
Anyway I have been trying to raise this breed forever and I need to do an emergency hatch. I gathered up the eggs, 12 of them most several days old. I know I won't have much success due to the age of the eggs, but I need to try anyway.
It's been long enough since I did this, I don't remember what temp I need my bator to run at. If anyone is still up, I'd sure appreciate a refresher course.
Thanks in advance!

not an expert but I am awake now.

the bator with fan: 37,5 celsius (99-99,5 f?), still air 38 celsius if I remember well. you must run the bator without eggs for about 5-6 hours. plenty of time to google and find out the rest.

good luck!

Thank you both. My incubator has already been running for several hours on the same setting it had been on last I used it. It was running a little hot so I turned it down and loaded up the eggs. I couldn't wait any longer, the eggs are already old enough it's touch and go if they will hatch at all. I'll give it a few days and candle to see if any are developing.
I have a friend with an incubator who is willing to hatch for me as well so I will gather eggs for the next three days and see if she can hatch any that are not as old as these are.

don't worry too much. I hatched a 19 days old egg. she is my avatar pic. she is 3 mo now, beautiful and healthy (touch wood!).

:fl

I have a really sucky incubator, but for the first time since I bought the hunk of junk, it's holding steady right at 99 degrees. :D

Back
Top Bottom