EMERGENCY!!! HELP!!!!!

Okay so good news and bad, I went to check on her today and found an egg in her box so does that mean she just could have been egg bound?? Her legs are doing worse then yesterday though she can't stand at all but she insant shaking at all anymore. But bad bad news is that I think she has sour crop too because her crop is still full and squishy. So now I really don't know what to do, do i feed her or not?? What is wrong with her please help!!

There are no chicken vets near me, and even if there were I can't afford one.😢 Her eyes are perfectly normal so I didn't think it was marks, but I have no experience with it so I really don't know. Could it still be marks even though her eyes are normal?? I'm trying to think of all possibility so for those who are experienced with coccidiosis do yall think she could have this?? Would it hurt her and my flock to give them corrid if she doesn't have coccidiosis??

And if she does have marks that pretty much means that all my hens will get it and die right? correct me if I'm wrong, but I couldn't find any prevention treatment for exposed birds.

There are no chicken vets near me, and even if there were I can't afford one.😢 Her eyes are perfectly normal so I didn't think it was marks, but I have no experience with it so I really don't know. Could it still be marks even though her eyes are normal?? I'm trying to think of all possibility so for those who are experienced with coccidiosis do yall think she could have this?? Would it hurt her and my flock to give them corrid if she doesn't have coccidiosis??
Just because her eyes are normal doesn’t mean she doesn’t have Marek’s. Marek’s can come in different forms. I’ve lost many birds to Marek’s and only 2 of them have had an occular form.

And if she does have marks that pretty much means that all my hens will get it and die right? correct me if I'm wrong, but I couldn't find any prevention treatment for exposed birds.
If your bird has Marek’s and I’m saying if because we don’t know, but if she does have it all of your other birds already have it. Just because your birds has it does not mean they will all die from it. Some birds may be resistant to it. A lot determine on how bad of a strain you have. Some birds will be more susceptible to it as well.

Get Vitamin B2, supplements. Sounds like she maybe at early stages of Curled Toe Paralysis, AKA: Riboflavin Deficiency.
It'll effect one, or both feet. It takes anywhere between several weeks, to a couple months to fully cure.

I treated 2 chickens successfully with this deficiency earlier this year.
17023108382318298721946589927431.jpg

Update…
So this morning she is doing a lot better she can walk around now though she is a little shaky. The only problem is that her sour crop turned too impacted crop so I was massaging it and I’m going to give her some coconut oil. She is really thirsty but I’m worried about her drinking too much water. Should I keep her off food and water for now??

Glad to hear she's walking better. How is she doing now? I'm no expert, but I would not withhold water. If her crop is impacted the fluid could help soften the impaction. Food is another story. I would probably limit her access to food and only give her small amounts of easily digested food. I've also had success with the crop cocktail, which I found on a post here somewhere: 1 tsp lemon juice, 1/16 tsp each ginger, cinnamon, & cayenne. Syringe feed in .4ml incements til gone.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom