EMERGENCY!!! HELP!!!!!

Oct 15, 2023
So I went out to make sure my girls all went to bed and I found one of my EEs laying on the coop floor, I thought at first she had just fallen but then after she would not stand. She just keeps falling to the ground like legs are paralyzed, but then if I give her a push she will run across to a bin and jump up. Also her whole body shaking terribly like she if cold but body feels warm! Her diet is layer crumble, I’m pretty sure she hasn’t gotten into anything toxic, she is one year old, she has been eating and drinking normally, and her crop is full. I don’t think it’s marks because her eyes are normal and I don’t think it’s coccidioses either because she hasn’t had any bloody diarrhea. I don’t know what to do HELP!!!

Attachments

• IMG_4460.jpeg
    IMG_4460.jpeg
    523.7 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_4457.jpeg
    IMG_4457.jpeg
    529 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_4456.jpeg
    IMG_4456.jpeg
    711.1 KB · Views: 13
Awe, she's beautiful and so sorry she's sick. Have you checked her over for mites or lice? Has she been laying okay?

Until we figure out what's wrong, you need to keep her hydrated and I'd give her some vitamin water in case it's a vitamin deficiency, ie. Nutra Drench or Poultry Cell. Mareks is classic for paralyzed legs but hopefully, there's another reason someone will come up with.

Okay I gave her vitamins she is doing a little better but still acting really weird and lethargic. It’s like she has these little spells where she gets up and starts running and then all of a sudden falls down. she doesn’t have lice and I treated her for mites a little while back so she doesn’t have those either. Could it just be because she is cold?? It’s 46 degrees Fahrenheit where I live right now so I wouldn’t think so but she is shivering so much and seems to like it when I wrap her up in a blanket

Okay I gave her vitamins she is doing a little better but still acting really weird and lethargic. It’s like she has these little spells where she gets up and starts running and then all of a sudden falls down. she doesn’t have lice and I treated her for mites a little while back so she doesn’t have those either. Could it just be because she is cold?? It’s 46 degrees Fahrenheit where I live right now so I wouldn’t think so but she is shivering so much and seems to like it when I wrap her up in a blanket
No, it's not too cold, she's cold though as she doesn't feel right. Keep going with the vitamins and then perhaps some sugar water or a little honey water ie. electrolytes. If she'll eat, try scrambled eggs or just raw egg yolk even.

Last edited:
No, it's not too cold, she's cold though as she doesn't feel right. Keep going with the vitamins and then perhaps some sugar water or a little honey water ie. electrolytes. If she'll eat, try scrambled eggs or just raw egg yolk even.
Okay, thanks so much everyone! She is inside right now and doing a little better, hopefully she makes it through the night, I will keep yall updated

Add a bit of Selenium to the vitamins. Just on the tip of a knife. Crush it of it's in pill form. It's sold in most pharmacies and does wonders for chicken neurological issues. Keep her warm and fed. Report any additional symptoms.

Back
Top Bottom