IDEAS what's the cause?

ChickNanny13

Enabler
10 Years
Jun 23, 2013
The Big Island/Hawaii
I ask those that I give/sell eggs to, please let me know if the eggs is "weird". This is the first in years ... I know who laid it as I have only 3 hens, each laying a different color egg. The hen (1.5yr) who laid this egg had a soft shell egg in May and July, her eggs get odd shaped at times, I started mixing a sprinkle of Oyster Flour in their fermented feed once a week, they get Flock Raiser with grit & Oyster Shells free feed. Like everyone else the weather here (HI) has been "odd" but the first Saturday of this month it was really "off". That day I only got one egg & it was from the one that takes a break every 5 days. The blue egger didn't Saturday & Sunday which is very odd, had me concerned but she's fine/normal. Not a double yolk but looks to me like and egg in an egg but this is the first ... Any ideas?

Attachments

• 0819 ?Ehu Egg.jpg
    0819 ?Ehu Egg.jpg
    243.8 KB · Views: 41
Are you worried about the white spot in the yolk?

I don't think it's anything to worry about.

Are you worried about the white spot in the yolk?

I don't think it's anything to worry about.
Yup, my girlfriend thought so to ... Fed it to Hubby, who didn't complain, said no complaints from him & he's still alive :rolleyes: If she decides to stop laying that's fine with me, as long as one don't break in her ... Why is it always the "favorite" one? Here's what today's egg looks like, this shape is the oddest ...

Thank you for your expertise 🫶

Attachments

• 0821 Ehu's.jpg
    0821 Ehu's.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 6
Yup, my girlfriend thought so to ... Fed it to Hubby, who didn't complain, said no complaints from him & he's still alive :rolleyes: If she decides to stop laying that's fine with me, as long as one don't break in her ... Why is it always the "favorite" one? Here's what today's egg looks like, this shape is the oddest ...

Thank you for your expertise 🫶
You might want to look at a this good article by the departed BYC member Sumi at many of the odd shaped eggs and possible causes.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/common-egg-quality-problems.65923/

Back
Top Bottom