Emergency incubation- crushed egg!!

I had then in the incubator for a few hours tonight and saw some improvement. Fed water and a bit of egg yolk. Still very wobbly. When dark I put them in the chicken tractor with the other chick, popped mum in and all three under her now. Here’s hoping. Like the idea of hatching myself, will have to set a brooder up. I’ve lost a few to being trampled from squabbles, need to get a more planned delivery date where I can set mum up in tractor and giver her the babies overnight.

I had then in the incubator for a few hours tonight and saw some improvement. Fed water and a bit of egg yolk. Still very wobbly. When dark I put them in the chicken tractor with the other chick, popped mum in and all three under her now. Here’s hoping. Like the idea of hatching myself, will have to set a brooder up. I’ve lost a few to being trampled from squabbles, need to get a more planned delivery date where I can set mum up in tractor and giver her the babies overnight.
Hoping for the best for the "smash" babies - they've had a tough start. :fl

Looking good this morning... Smash 1 is still wobbly but gets to mum and she’s ken lol three. Got chick starter and water close by to her so up to Floss (the mum) now! Smash 1 is the yellow one... Smash 2.... maybe we call it Crash.... is the grey and yellow and the little ginger one is about three days old

Attachments

• 7270984F-98ED-455D-82B0-B41AB476C30D.jpeg
    7270984F-98ED-455D-82B0-B41AB476C30D.jpeg
    172.3 KB · Views: 12
Looking good this morning... Smash 1 is still wobbly but gets to mum and she’s ken lol three. Got chick starter and water close by to her so up to Floss (the mum) now! Smash 1 is the yellow one... Smash 2.... maybe we call it Crash.... is the grey and yellow and the little ginger one is about three days old
They look great! You did a brilliant job :thumbsup Seems like mum is doing a good job.

Still all ok, Smash still looks tired and wobbly, but drinking a bit and hobbling. Haven’t seen it ear but it had a bit of a peck at crumble. Eyes still half closed and sleepy. Could it be sick from an infection ?

Hi there all,
I bought a 9 egg incubator for a back up for my broodies, hadn't;t set it up yet and have come home to a egg a bit crushed. Ive set the incubator up just now but I don't know if its correct. I've looked at the instructions and I;ve worked out to set up the temperature but it says you can't set the humidity, you have to squirt water in to control it. How do I keep the humidity up, especially while I am at work??? It's on 44 and there is about a 1/2 cup of water in there. As it's the last few days I need to get it to about 60%?? is that correct?
Second question is how do I set it to turn? There is a light flashing saying 'Work' and underneath that another light (but not on or flashing) saying Turn. How do I set this bloody thing up??
Chick is moving in there, and could have anywhere from a day to 3 to go by the looks of it.
Any help will be ace. I had a crushed egg about two months back, but made a homemade incubator, and chick lasted a few days but got too hot and died, I was devastated. Now I've got the right tools I don't want it to happen again and to give this little guy a good chance.
Thanks!
View attachment 1995496
There should be a cord hanging Down for the turner to plug into and from there the controller in the incubator will handle the rest I have a book at home with instructions that I can pull out and let you know how to operate it but I won’t be back home till this evening

Back
Top Bottom