Emergency! My rooster is beating up my pulleys! Help!

That's sad.

Nonetheless the pullets will still take several more month until they start laying and only then can you have them join the rooster.

Maybe you could buy some adult hens for him or rehome the rooster.
I got him from my sister. She couldn’t keep him. She lives in town. No roosters allowed. I was his last hope or he became dinner. I will try to get at least 1 adult hen for him.

You could use hydrogen peroxide if there are no pockets. And Neosporin will be o.k., but I do not see how Vaseline will keep the flies and other bugs away?

I got him from my sister. She couldn’t keep him. She lives in town. No roosters allowed. I was his last hope or he became dinner. I will try to get at least 1 adult hen for him.

He seems unaware of this last chance. Usually a good rooster will ignore pullets until they they reach maturity and start laying.

How did he behave with the adult hens? Is he worth the trouble or better transferred to your freezer?

You could use hydrogen peroxide if there are no pockets. And Neosporin will be o.k., but I do not see how Vaseline will keep the flies and other bugs away?
It’s a trick my family has used on our hunting dogs. Use the Vaseline to keep bugs out of a wound. Keeps the scab from tarring open. But I won’t use it if it won’t help Puff. My husband named her & she’s his favorite.

It’s sand particles. I already checked those. Can I treat it with neosporin & then cover with Vaseline to keep bugs away? To clean it can I use hydrogen peroxide?
Pour the Hydrogen peroxide to rinse it out, then coat with neosporin. Keep her away from the rooster. If other hens pick at he wound you might need to get some blue-kote ore put her in a cage/dog crate for a couple of days. They heal up amazingly fast.

He seems unaware of this last chance. Usually a good rooster will ignore pullets until they they reach maturity and start laying.

How did he behave with the adult hens? Is he worth the trouble or better transferred to your freezer?
He was great with his adult gals. He didn’t bother the pullets when his gals where there. He did peck a bit at their necks. But he only did that when he was mounting them.

He was great with his adult gals. He didn’t bother the pullets when his gals where there. He did peck a bit at their necks. But he only did that when he was mounting them.
Sounds like he just does not have enough girls. To keep one rooster happy you could use ~ 10 hens. What ever age, but an old hen will beat him up!

Sounds like he just does not have enough girls. To keep one rooster happy you could use ~ 10 hens. What ever age, but an old hen will beat him up!
I’ve got 10 pullets. I had 2 adult hens & 11 pullets. I’ve got at least a weeks worth of work to make the other run safe again.

Back
Top Bottom