EMERGENCY NEED HELP (fox attack

Sorry about your hen, but glad that you have a vet for care. With a vent injury, treating at home, I would suggest a daily warm soak just to her vent in watery with mild soap or antiseptic. Then keep her vent injury moist with the antibiotic ointment, vaseline, or cream. Time will tell if she is able to poop or lay eggs normally. Watch for constipation and an egg becoming stuck. Good luck.

E409CB6B-9D25-4974-A56C-D355B29A4FE4.jpeg
Back from the vets so she has a spray to clean/prevent infection some pain killlers and antinflamatory I’ll post pics of the medicine when I’m home. She is looking very well which is good. I mean she was scared in th vets because she doesn’t know where she is but now that she’s with me she is calm ❤ the wound couldn’t get stitches because ofher skin so it will heal open which isn’t uncommon for chicken I think

5EA0C6B0-5064-4C15-8A9B-27C81DE83BB2.jpeg
That’s her medicine she has and I guess the lighter side of the attack is that she is going to have a blue butt for a bit but anyway I don’t think I’veever been so excited to see a chicken poop because that was one of my fears due to her vent being messed up but she did it and it’s not even diareaha it’s a good poop ☺

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom