Emergency? No incubator

Ashameg

In the Brooder
Apr 18, 2020
I ordered rare chicken eggs and an incubator. The egss werent supposed to arrive until after the 18th the incubator was supposed to be the 15th. The incubator doesnt seem like its going to come at all as the shipping isnt updating. Now I have eggs but no incubator how can I try and incubate these eggs while I wait for the incubator to come? No shops around me have any in store I have called all of them.

I ordered rare chicken eggs and an incubator. The egss werent supposed to arrive until after the 18th the incubator was supposed to be the 15th. The incubator doesnt seem like its going to come at all as the shipping isnt updating. Now I have eggs but no incubator how can I try and incubate these eggs while I wait for the incubator to come? No shops around me have any in store I have called all of them.
Just store them in a cool room until you can get an incubator. Get an egg carton, put it in the coolest room in your house, (not in the refrigerator!) put a book under one end of the carton so it's slanted, and put the eggs in. The next day, switch the book to the opposite side. Just so the yolk won't stick to the shell. They can keep this way for up to 2 weeks and remain viable, but fertility will start to drop off after a week.

Back
Top Bottom