EMERGENCY: Older hen pale and unresponsive.

She had her eyes open for a bit and I tried giving her more water. She had a weird fit that reminded me a lot of a seizure. I was trying to gently hold her down and keep her head propped up while she was flapping and screaming and it got worse then started to go back down. She gave one last, whimpering cry and then just drooped. I set her head down because her eyes were glazed and she vomited into the cage, or kinda just... let go of all the mush in her. I took her out and she urinated all over my jeans. No responses, her eyes don't shift anymore.
She let go

She had her eyes open for a bit and I tried giving her more water. She had a weird fit that reminded me a lot of a seizure. I was trying to gently hold her down and keep her head propped up while she was flapping and screaming and it got worse then started to go back down. She gave one last, whimpering cry and then just drooped. I set her head down because her eyes were glazed and she vomited into the cage, or kinda just... let go of all the mush in her. I took her out and she urinated all over my jeans. No responses, her eyes don't shift anymore.
She let go
I'm sorry for your loss.

Another hen was dead this morning. Ironically, she was the hen I started this thread for's best friend. I don't know what happened. She was fine the past two days and I have been watching everyone closely. The only difference was that she started sleeping in the nest boxes. But I treated her for mites with the DE the night before and she actually was hard to hold and treat since she was so lively. Idk how she is just dead

Back
Top Bottom