EMERGENCY! Please help befor its too late!

Chickiezz

Songster
10 Years
Apr 14, 2009
MY very first chicken,my best friend,my favorite chicken is dying. Omelet has been perching outside in the cold,rainy weather,for the last couple days,and I kept forgetting to close their door to go outside. Now she is sick. She has snot,and blood coming out of her nose,swollen eyes,and very low energy and has to be force fed and watered because she cannot see. We curretly have her on a perch with the heat lamp on her. What is this disease called? What can I do to save her!? What can I buy!? PLEASE help before her time runs out.
hit.gif
sad.png
hit.gif

Keep her warm and in a quiet place.

Blood coming out of the nose isn't a disease I know of. Could she have been attacked?

Nope! No way. Our coop is completely secured,and I make sure of it,and we live in the city so the only thing we worry about is Racoons and stray cats,but neither bother them,they both eat the cat food. And yes blood and snot.

It's impossible to know what she has so it's a guessing game.

None of your other chickens show any signs?

Immediate intensive antibiotic treatment would probably be the only thing that could help. TylanD would be my suggestion, injectable if you can find it.

Hang on, looking for some links.

I don't know how to help you, but I've sent a message to a lady who might. Keep her warm and dry and you might want to look into antibiotics for her (might be a sinus infection but again, my knowledge is limited) here's a bump, and my prayers will be with Omelet.

How old is the chicken?
How many do you have and are any others sick?
Any blood in the poop?

Search all threads by ThreeHorses. See if anything jumps out at you.

I wish I could be more help. Chickens are tough little animals.

Gary D. Butcher, DVM, PhD

Professor, Extension - Avian Diseases
Large Animal Clinical Sciences

PO Box 100136
2015 SW 16 Ave
Gainesville, FL 32608-0125
(352) 392-2212 ext. 5695
Fax: (352) 392-3029

email: [email protected]
This is a great vet at University of Florida. He will help you a lot.

Thank you guys so much. Can it be a cold? Do chickens even get colds? I have heard VetRX might help. Have any formation about it? I saw it stores before,never thought about looking at it though.

Quote:
She is about 6 months. I had 1 other chicken die a few months ago that was about 7 months and had low energy and wouldn't eat. She showed symptoms only one day,and died the next,before I could help. I am moderating the poop,but haven't seen any blood yet. She is very warm right now, and all the chickens are locked up in the coop. No others are currently sick.

Back
Top Bottom