EMERGENCY Please help!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by sarahloveschickens, Mar 20, 2009.

1. sarahloveschickens

sarahloveschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    My 3 month old silkie was attacked by a hawk this morning at 11:00am. My dad went out to get her and checked to see if she had any broken bones, she has none but its flapping around and passing out and closing her eyes. Whats wrong with her?

My first therory is the hawk dropped her from a big height, she fell but didnt break anything, maybe shes bleeding internally? Or hit her head to give her a concussion?

My second theory is that she is suffereing from major trauma from it

Please help!
    Sarah

2. L*A*G*

L*A*G* Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2008
    planet chicken
    [​IMG] [​IMG] i'm so sorry. sometimes i could really blast them things heads off. they got our RARE chickens and talking beauty!

i'm not a big help but the best thing u can do is to keep her calm and settled.

3. Birdgirl

Birdgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2009
    Indiana
    shes in shock, mine got attacked a few days age but it was worse. its been 2 days almost 3 and they still aren't acting the same. Hope she gets better.
    My dog ripped the skin off of mines neck. [​IMG]

4. MoodyChicken

MoodyChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2009
    Northern California
    How long ago? A serious internal injury would kill pretty quickly. My guess is that she's in shock. Drip some Rescue Remedy on her comb immediately and put her in a pitch black room. Don't touch her for several hours. She needs to calm down.

5. HennyPennies2007

HennyPennies2007 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2008
    Warm, dark, quiet spot and some electrolytes in the water.

6. sarahloveschickens

sarahloveschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    She just laying on the ground kicking
    It happened like 4 hours ago and shes not bleeding or anything

Last edited: Mar 20, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by