EMERGENCY URGENT- DRIED MEMBRANE EGG OVER 24 HRS

Green Bean Quail

Songster
Nov 13, 2019
Hello! my egg (quail) has hit over 24 hours from pip and no hatch. The egg is cracked all the way around but the membrane isn’t broken, and is dark brown. The chick is partially visible but is starting to stop cheeping and moving. Should I assist???

I would; from your description it sounds like it zipped all the way around but wasn't able to break the membrane. I'd go ahead and carefully chip off the shell over the air cell, then assess the situation and go from there. It's probably all ready though and it's just stuck.

Okay. I’ll begin now!
I would; from your description it sounds like it zipped all the way around but wasn't able to break the membrane. I'd go ahead and carefully chip off the shell over the air cell, then assess the situation and go from there. It's probably all ready though and it's just stuck.
Hatched! I think he was in too long though! His legs are all curled! What do I do???

Make sure you have something on the bator floor the chick can catch a grip on.
A wash cloth will work if you don't have the grippy shelf liner stuff.

I'd give it a bit to see if they uncurl now that he is out of the egg. If not, they may need to be splinted. Can you get a picture?
F8CEE9B1-EA62-43C7-8414-D18F54509FB9.jpeg

the poor kid is curled in the neck too. I’ve seen to use B12 or yeast. Should I try? Any way I can make a neck brace? His feet aren’t bad but he can’t raise his head.

Back
Top Bottom