Emergency Volunteers: Firefighters, EMT's, First Responders

Firefighter Chick

Songster
8 Years
May 8, 2011
Southeast Minnesota
Hello,
I'm wondering if there are any other people here in the emergency services. I have been in EMS for 10 years, being an EMT-B for four years and a Firefighter for six years. I hope i'm not the only one here. I bet there's PROBABLY not any other lady firefighters here other than me, but I would like to be wrong. Currently I'm sitting here, the kids are in daycare so i have a rare day off without kids, chickens are freeranging by themselves for the first time, and i'm drinking some coffee waiting for the pager to go off for storm watch.
Sooooo I'm just saying hello to the other volunteers our there, or even people wanting to get into FF/EMS.

Tina

I used to run with the local volunteer fire company. RN/Medic. I miss running with them, but I just simply don't have a way right now. Once the kids are both in school, I'm going to get back into it.

I can honestly said some of the best fun I've ever had was out there with the fire company, volunteering.

Blessings-
Em

I've been a vollenteer EMT-B for three years, and I love it! My mom was an EMT-B with the same squad, back in the day, and I guess it never dawned on me that it could be a full-time, paid job; I missed my calling! I'm approaching 40, and I know that paid squads have age limits, so I may be vollenteer forever, but it would take one second for me to decide to get my P and move to a city.

Hubby is a certified EMT-B but jobs are hard to come by. He loves it! However with his personal quirks, he would not make it that far as socially. He was considered "weird" and often crossed boundaries. So he will settle as a manual laborer as stocker, warehouse duties where he can benefit his cerfication on the work place as a bonus LOL!

It would take forever to name off all the certifications I have but the short list is 13 years as a fireman, most of which being the sole medical NR First Responder in the community. Been out about 3 years now, not by my choice.

I volunteered as an EMT-B for a few years. It was ok but more or less--not my thing.

While I am none of these things, I am a 911 dispatcher. We are ALWAYS forgotten by everyone and treated like dirt, even when you need us. Still, I love my job and won't give it up for anything.

I work in the ER at a big hospital as a transport. So, I am a Second Responder heheheh. You guys bring all problems to me.
wink.png

Quote:
Not me, buddy! I always use my sweetest telephone voice when I'm talking to dispatch. So many roads around here dead-end and pick up somewhere else, and at least half of the houses in my town have no numbers out front, I need all the help I can get from 'patch.

Back
Top Bottom