Emergncy! :: Hen Flaky Crusty White Comb, Scabs on face.

A small tube of miconazole cream can be found in Monistat feminine products. You'll need to buy several packages due to the small size of the tube. Buy the cheapest you can find. You also might be able to order just a tube of miconazole online, be sure to check the size/amount if you order it.
Just for your info, it'll be a slow healing process for your hen.
Since you inherited them, inspect them for lice/mites, especially around the vent area and wear disposable gloves. Consider worming them while you're at it. Good luck. :)

Thanks all. We have invermectin pour on that we use for other animals. So I'm thinking I will work them with that by putting 3-4 droplets on their neck under the feathers.

I dont recommend using ivermectin unless you've actually seen external parasites on your birds. Then if they have them, you'd have to treat their coop, nest box, roosts. Permethrin would be best, liquid or dust.
Keep in mind that Favus is a fungus.

Permethrin is for treating lice or mites. Ivermectin may not be the best choice for worming, since many worms have built resistance to it. SafeGuard liquid goat wormer 1/4 ml per pound of weight given once orally to each chicken and again in 10 days is very good for worms. It can safely be given for 5 consecutive days for capillary worms. Another wormer I also recommend is Valbazen 1/2 ml orally for most regular sized chickens given once and repeated in 10 days.

Dawg53 may have other suggestions.

Permethrin is for treating lice or mites. Ivermectin may not be the best choice for worming, since many worms have built resistance to it. SafeGuard liquid goat wormer 1/4 ml per pound of weight given once orally to each chicken and again in 10 days is very good for worms. It can safely be given for 5 consecutive days for capillary worms. Another wormer I also recommend is Valbazen 1/2 ml orally for most regular sized chickens given once and repeated in 10 days.

Dawg53 may have other suggestions.
Ditto, well said Eggcessive.

Just realized we use a poultry dust which is Permethrin in their nesting boxes. So they should be mice and lice free. I check them often enough including today and no little pests on them.

Tonight I treated with Miconazole as best I could on her comb. She did not like it at all but she calmed down after she gave me some pretty good scratches. Crossing my fingers.

I did use disposable gloves (which btw I found out are not cheap!). But didnt clean with alcohol, just soap. I guess I should have though, I will apply it, better late than never.

Back
Top Bottom