EmmaRainboe's first hatch, quail hatch-a-long!

Pics
2 more hatched... one died. Four babies total. I think it's probably pretty safe to say that on day 19-20 any maybes will not hatch.

34 set. 6 hatched. 2 of 6 dead.

I'll probably try again with some local eggs here soon.
Counted wrong 40 set. 6 hatched. 2 died. Hopefully this time around will be better. :fl

Due to my *extensive* research, (one quick google search.) I think it means D1 pharaoh? But then I do not know what that means. Does that just mean they are big and lay good? I do not know.
Pharaoh means the 'regular' color of Coturnix.

All coturnix lay well.

'regular''. Pharaoh
Girl on left
Screenshot_20210828-201109.png

Today is day 5 I *think* I'll look at the calendar.

Didn't candle all. There's 45 eggs in my incubator right now and I did not have the energy to do that. So I candles a few.

33 of these eggs were fresh.

The other 12 were older, and probably not good anymore, but I was given them for free so I figured why not give them a shot.

I candled a bunch of the 33 eggs, and all looked good. Had nice veining.

I candled a few of the non-fresh dozen and out of the few that I candled non were developed. I should probably just candle all 12 of these since they're likely bad anyways.

I set 17 shipped eggs 2 days before you, so currently on day 7... a little anxious since 10/14 remaining eggs are so dark I can just barely make out the air cells.

The veins in this one looks a little funky, i hope it’s not going to be a quitter...

E96D1BF2-5D9E-4AF9-83ED-1589ECE96035.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom