EmmaRainboe's first hatch, quail hatch-a-long!

Pics
I'm thinking my four from hatch #1, I have a pair of each. I don't know what colors they are, so I don't know exactly how to sex them. But if you sex them by the spots on their chests like some varieties I have two pairs. Might be too early to sex them I don't know. @Kiki ?

Color #1

Color #2

The ones you have labeled boys are not boys they are girls.
You have them labeled backwards.

You’re labels are backwards……1 and 3 are girls 2 and 4 are boys. Girls have spotted breast and boys have solid breast sometimes with rust color.
The ones you have labeled boys are not boys they are girls.
You have them labeled backwards.
Awesome sauce. Thank you, ladies. I'm much better with chickens. :p

I'm thinking my four from hatch #1, I have a pair of each. I don't know what colors they are, so I don't know exactly how to sex them. But if you sex them by the spots on their chests like some varieties I have two pairs. Might be too early to sex them I don't know. @Kiki ?

Color #1

Color #2

Aww! They are adorable! First and second pictures remind me of my falb fee male and female! I primarily own falb fees, but am trying to get other colors...without much luck so far. I also have an italian, supposedly a pansy (that I now doubt is one), and a few pharoahs. Your hatch seems to be taking speed! I agree with the others....spots on the chest mean female, rusty/no spots means male.

Attachments

• C1A1ADA7-C0A7-4986-88DD-5934E7B9D52A.jpeg
    C1A1ADA7-C0A7-4986-88DD-5934E7B9D52A.jpeg
    266.3 KB · Views: 2
Aww! They are adorable! First and second pictures remind me of my falb fee male and female! I primarily own falb fees, but am trying to get other colors...without much luck so far. I also have an italian, supposedly a pansy (that I now doubt is one), and a few pharoahs. Your hatch seems to be taking speed! I agree with the others....spots on the chest mean female, rusty/no spots means male.
Awesome! Thanks.

Yeah, if you have any ideas about what colors I've got, let me know. Kiki doesn't know what she has.

Back
Top Bottom