Emotionally weak - pet ducks

Pics
Update - she laid a soft egg again. She gets too silent as the day ends. She’s eating well but then starts walking slow and likes a quiet corner. She’s having calcium pills. What should I do now.

Only thing I can think of is Vet. Calcium should be helping maybe up the dose to 1/3rd instead of 1/4th Is her belly looking really swollen sometimes they can be internal layers. Not to worry you just trying to think what could be going on. What type of calcium are you giving her?

She’s on calcium citrate. Giving her 1/4th now. It’s a 1000 mg pill. Her billy looks normal to me. Is there a problem if she lays soft shells continuously? We can’t find vets who treat ducks here. Please help us

Mine look at frozen peas and think they have been poisoned. They get unsweetened homemade chunky apple sauce. It normally takes about three days of a new food for them to realize that they can't live without out anymore. Or for them to see me eat it. If mom is eating they absolutely must have some. My ducks are probably the only ones in the world to eat a fluffer nutter. And no I didn't give it to them, the stole it when my back was turned

None of my ducks want to eat peas. I even tried giving them unripe pods, super sweet and delicious - not one of them touched it. I may try it again now in the winter. They eat more greens now that it's scarce.

Regarding the soft eggs. I have no idea how long it takes for the pills to correct the calcium intake deficiency, but if I'd have to guess, I'd say not more than a week. At least some improvement should be seen by now.

Oh, just remembered something else.

You said you started giving them treats when you brought them back home. What kin and how much? Are they still eating a lot of treats? Try to stop and see if it improves.
Once, you have mentioned your drake acted strange after you gave him dried worms. What kind? Mealworms, zophobas morio? Alive superworms (zophobas morio) can bite quite bad and if eaten alive, it could cause your drake to panic.

Her egg came out broken today with the egg shell too :( I’m so worried. Is it because of the weather? It’s too cold these days and we let them out. They are mostly sleeping. Should I keep them in for a couple of days? I really don’t know what’s going on. We don’t give them a lot of treats like before. I give dried mealworms. Please guide me through this.

I don't think the weather has anything to do with this. It's something not right in her egg laying equipment. Did all the shell come out? could you tell?

Dried meal worms won't hurt Is she eating her feed good?

Back
Top Bottom