emu egg is overdue, what to do?

falcor

Hatching
Apr 2, 2015
Ive been incubating an Emu egg for about 2 months now. Theres definitely something inside as when you rotate it, you can feel a thud as if it was lying on one side of the egg, then feel to the other when you turned it. Im not entirely sure, but i think i can feel small vibrations as if it might be moving around, really hard to say. Im unsure what to do. Its definitely over the 43-50 incubation period., by a week or so at least. I bought the egg off ebay so idk how long its actually been. Im wondering if it miscarried or something. I need some advise. Should i crack the egg open or continue to wait?

Thanks for the reply. If its not overdue, its definitly close. I believe today is the 2 month mark.

I did the water test by putting the egg in a fish tank. It sunk, but one end was pointing upwards. And when you turn the egg, it always rotates to that fixed position of the end pointing upwards. I tried looking for wobbling, but im soo new to this, im not sure if im doing this right.

If i have to break the egg to check it, what would be the best way?

Thanks for the reply. If its not overdue, its definitly close. I believe today is the 2 month mark.

I did the water test by putting the egg in a fish tank. It sunk, but one end was pointing upwards. And when you turn the egg, it always rotates to that fixed position of the end pointing upwards. I tried looking for wobbling, but im soo new to this, im not sure if im doing this right.

If i have to break the egg to check it, what would be the best way?
The water test needs 100 degree water! Not just fish tank degree water... What day are you on? What is temp/humidity?

currently at 35.6 celcius and 32% humidity. I need to add more water

I cant find the info, but i believe it was shipped feb. 7th., making today the 2 month mark, estimate.

i keep listening closley for movment, but i cant tell if its my own heartbeat making the vibrations or what.

ill give it a few more days. Hopefully something happens

Last edited:
currently at 35.6 celcius and 32% humidity. I need to add more water

I cant find the info, but i believe it was shipped feb. 7th., making today the 2 month mark, estimate.

i keep listening closley for movment, but i cant tell if its my own heartbeat making the vibrations or what.

ill give it a few more days. Hopefully something happens
No that humidity is fine. Did you put them in on the day it was shipped. And months are exactly 30 days long so how many days?

it's been at least 60 + time egg was on auction. And ya, it went straight into the incubator when I got it. Thou I struggled the first couple weeks to maintain the temp and humidity. Then I went out and bought a dimmer for the light

I am new to the forums and looking to buy a pet emu, either newly hatched or an egg to incubate. I am located in Davenport, FL and I am willing to drive to the states around me or pay for shipping if possible. Any advice is appreciated, its hard to find emus!

Ive been incubating an Emu egg for about 2 months now. Theres definitely something inside as when you rotate it, you can feel a thud as if it was lying on one side of the egg, then feel to the other when you turned it.  Im not entirely sure, but i think i can feel small vibrations as if it might be moving around, really hard to say.  Im unsure what to do.  Its definitely over the 43-50 incubation period., by a week or so at  least. I bought the egg off ebay so idk how long its actually been. Im wondering if it miscarried or something. I need some advise. Should i crack the egg open or continue to wait?
Was reading this today. What happened to that egg???

Back
Top Bottom