Emu egg

I don't know much about emus, but I know that shipped eggs often have horrible hatchability. The chances aren't great that one egg will hatch.

@Pyxis might have emus, sorry if you don't!

Yes I do :)

Incubation temperature can vary, but the most commonly used is 97.5. At that temperature, they take about 50 days to hatch.

Humidity must be carefully monitored and adjusted, and you have to track the egg's weight loss to know how to adjust it, so weigh it when it comes in.

Yes I do :)

Incubation temperature can vary, but the most commonly used is 97.5. At that temperature, they take about 50 days to hatch.

Humidity must be carefully monitored and adjusted, and you have to track the egg's weight loss to know how to adjust it, so weigh it when it comes in.
So the more humidity, the more weight loss?

Weight loss can also be an indicator of a bad egg. You'll calculate how much weight it should lose a day, and if the egg just keeps losing too much weight, even when you increase the humidity past where it really ought to be, it's probably a bad egg. So it can be an early sign that the egg is no good if that happens.

Back
Top Bottom