Emu eggs in. 1st day humidity leapt high

Hey guys. Put my emu eggs in yesterday and the humidity went from 35 to 60. Is this normal when you put new eggs in? Bowl of rice and 3 silica packs are doing nothing. It's very hot and dry here right now so I'm confused. Maybe I should just wait it out? Is it something about new eggs I wonder.

6 emu eggs in a herp nursery. Temps are pretty stable. We are going to start hand turning tomorrow. Just flip them over and then back the opposite way 5x day Right? No idea why the turning thing confuses me so much.

Generally humidity will only go up in an incubator if the surface area of water in the incubator has gone up, so putting eggs in shouldn't affect it. Is this an incubator with a built in humidity display? If so, are you using a separate hygrometer that you've calibrated to make sure it's actually accurate?

And that goes for the temperature too, make sure that you're not trusting a built in and are using a thermometer that you know to be accurate to measure the temperature.

Turning is rolling them over 180 degrees.

Thanks. I have three thermometers in there and one is a combo thermometer and hydrometer
I didn't calibrate it. Just turned it on when put it in. It was new in package

Back
Top Bottom