Emu halter

Its not really a face hater for them but using a halter from another animal around their body as a harness.I have used small goat halters or sheep.... Llama etc before but the best are the dog harnesses that clip over the shoulder...... Often used for potbellied pigs. You do need to run a strap under neck to keep them from running out of it. When I get a moment I'll try to find one and take a pic.

I assume it probably works the same as chicken harnesses. You can use pretty much any harness that will fit around them comfortably. Don't put the harness around the legs, but around the wing arms. Put on strap infront of the wings and one strap behind the wings around the body and it should stay on.

I use a figure eight cat harness for my birds. I also make and sell the chicken harnesses, which would work great for young emu. They do make dog harnesses that are fairly large and could fit them as they grow.

When they are taught as babies to lead on a harness, they will lead gently on a harness as adults and it makes them easier to move around.

It would go around the legs as a emus "arm' is a tiny little stubb......
big_smile.png

Could you possibly sent me pix of your harnesses? I just acquired a 2 month old WILD Emu. I could surely use one! Also how long does it take you to make?
Thanks so much,
Anne-Marie

Back
Top Bottom