Emu Hatch-a-long 2012

I got my last 2 eggs today. I am really mad and gonna call Carole. She sent me 2 eggs one has a hole in it and she tried to tape it with box tape so it wouldn't leak ---- well guess what? not only did it leak but it freakin stunk! I do not understand why someone will charge you for an egg and send you one already broken. I am so angry at her right now. She knew what I went through with the little girl that hatched from her eggs so why do this to me? Even the packing was a crappy job
sad.png

Last edited:
Spoke with Carole and she sent me a refund. She said one of the Emu's claw caught the egg and she thought it would be fine but she said she was wrong so she sent me a refund and kept saying she was sorry. She said taping always worked for her in the past but I said you shipped it and that is why it didn't work.
sad.png
Hope this one egg does good cause 51 days of turning to be disappointed at the end is the killer LOL

Your two eggs must be the brothers / sisters of mine -- I got mine from her Wednesday. One of mine also had a puncture but it was so small it didn't show up until the egg warmed up and started to ooze. That is awful that she sent you one that had a visible break in it. I'm glad you got a refund.

Good luck with your last one!
Are you incubating more towards the warmer or cooler end of the scale? I'm aiming for 95.5 degrees.

Avie,
I use a reptipro 6000 and the temp on the top of the incubator is 96-97 the bottom is 95.5 - 96 degrees and I have the egg on the bottom. It is the smallest I have ever incubated 457 grams. It is smaller then my first egg that hatched. I hope this one does hatch out cause I will now know what I need to do to make it survive and live a healthy life.

Your two eggs must be the brothers / sisters of mine -- I got mine from her Wednesday. One of mine also had a puncture but it was so small it didn't show up until the egg warmed up and started to ooze. That is awful that she sent you one that had a visible break in it. I'm glad you got a refund.

Good luck with your last one!
Are you incubating more towards the warmer or cooler end of the scale? I'm aiming for 95.5 degrees.

I was happier with the chicks that I had hatch out this year at 95.5 than last year (97.5)

Avie,
I use a reptipro 6000 and the temp on the top of the incubator is 96-97 the bottom is 95.5 - 96 degrees and I have the egg on the bottom. It is the smallest I have ever incubated 457 grams. It is smaller then my first egg that hatched. I hope this one does hatch out cause I will now know what I need to do to make it survive and live a healthy life.

fl.gif

If he hatches.. I would start out with vitamins in the water as soon as he starts drinking..

I do that with all of mine and haven't had any issues

Back
Top Bottom