Emu Hatch Along! :D

Hi Amarius!

I live in Berkeley, CA. They are not my eggs but I picked them up from a local farm and met the adorable parent emus :) If you are interesting in reserving a chick let me know, and if you're in state I could probably ship to you if you're interested. I can't wait to share the hatch videos! I'll be putting up weight progress ASAP

Sweet, I have three Emu eggs in my bator and they are due to hatch the first week of February. I am hand turning three times a day as well but I have not weighed them but am keeping my fingers crossed that they hatch.

Sweet, I have three Emu eggs in my bator and they are due to hatch the first week of February. I am hand turning three times a day as well but I have not weighed them but am keeping my fingers crossed that they hatch.
Awesome! Have you started tap testing yet? What temp are you incubating at?

I can't get the links to connect to the reply, but if you go to the forums under Where am I, Where are You there are a couple of different California threads. You will meet lots of other poultry enthusiasts from your state.

Last edited:
I can't get the links to connect to the reply, but if you go to the forums under Where am I, Where are You there are a couple of different California threads. You will meet lots of other poultry enthusiasts from your state.
Thanks! I found it!

Tap testing? Do you mean for the tin sound? I am incubating at 96.5 and 30 to 35% humidity. I work at the Montana Emu ranch here in Kalispell. Lots of fun working with hundreds of Emu's.
That sounds like a TON of fun!
big_smile.png
and yes I do mean checking the sound

Egg Day 1 Day 7 Day 14 Day 21
A 640 630 (10g lost) 621 (19g lost) 611.5 (28.5g lost)
B 628 618 (10g lost) 608 (19g lost) 598 (30g lost)
C 535 525 (10g lost) 515 (20g lost) 506 (29g lost)
D 562 547 (15g lost) 535 (27g lost) 524 (38g lost)
E 537 524 (13g lost) 514.5 (22.5g lost) 505 (32g lost)
F 627 618 (9g lost) 607.5 (20.5g lost) 598 (29g lost)

Sorry it took so long! Here are the weights for the first 3 weeks. Today is day 23!

hi everyone,
I would love some emus, but I can't have them...:(
do emu eggs take 3 weeks to hatch too? is it a good thing the eggs have lost weight?
can't wait to see them hatch out!!:)

hi everyone,
I would love some emus, but I can't have them...:(
do emu eggs take 3 weeks to hatch too? is it a good thing the eggs have lost weight?
can't wait to see them hatch out!!:)
Emus take an average of 52 days and they lose about 15% of their initial weight during incubation

Back
Top Bottom