Emu Hatch Along! :D

omg, sorry I thought I was on My thread. woah am I stupid, scratch my last post
he.gif
(super sleepy) lol.
lol no worries, whats the link to your thread? id love to follow your hatch

Day 26 for mine. One egg is wiggling when I whistle at it! Another egg started leaking day before yesterday, so I took it out. Opened it up, just smelly yolk and egg white inside. I'm guessing it wasn't fertile. The other 2 eggs seem to be holding steady. No wiggles yet.

Day 26 for mine. One egg is wiggling when I whistle at it! Another egg started leaking day before yesterday, so I took it out. Opened it up, just smelly yolk and egg white inside. I'm guessing it wasn't fertile. The other 2 eggs seem to be holding steady. No wiggles yet.
Wow thats great! wiggles at day 26! How much did your eggs weigh to start with? Are they on the big side or small?

Unfortunately I don't have a scale so I haven't weighed them. I'm incubating on a prayer here. These are the only Emu eggs I've ever seen, so I'm going to go with normal sized? They may be a touch on the small side if anything. I set the incubator at 96 degrees, but once all 4 eggs got in there the temp went up to 97. Now it has dropped back down to 96 with only 3 eggs in it. It's a new adventure for me!

Expecting the hatch any day now! I have been tap testing but I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to hear…. Hopefully it'll be really noticeable and I would completely miss it and have an egg hatch before being moved to the hatcher…..

So it's day 50 and they're wiggling away. The wiggles aren't as big as a couple days ago but maybe thats because they are so big they can't move much in the shell. Egg E may have sounded. I am not hearing a "think" but it sounds weird when i tap the egg….. hmmmmm I wish I knew what I was doing ;) teehee. No peeping yet…...

no peeping as in they are not making birdie noises at me from inside the shell, no pipping either

Back
Top Bottom