Emu maitng photos (if you ever wondered)

foulman007

Songster
9 Years
Dec 29, 2010
Columbia SC
My alpha male was being very showy toward me this morning so I went in and grabbed up the camera
74752_dsc_0038.jpg

she is willing so they need to set their roles again.
74752_dsc_0040.jpg

74752_dsc_0041.jpg

74752_dsc_0042.jpg

Getting to the deed
74752_dsc_0044.jpg

74752_dsc_0046.jpg

74752_dsc_0047.jpg

74752_dsc_0050.jpg

I am gonna try to get some photos of her laying an egg this evening she has been laying around 4-5 pm

Yeh, okay. I'm intrigued -- good luck to you crawling around on your belly in the bush here in Oz in the hope of sneaking up on bonking birds, copulating creatures, eroticised emus, furgling featheries, randy ratites, or the likes.

Can you provide details of the distinctive features of males and females, Foulman? I am confused. I'm STILL not even sure of the sex of my birds.

Supreme Emu

I LOVE HER EXPRESSION AT THE END!!!
lau.gif
gig.gif
"Lookit my ruffled feathers... yeah baby...lookit them!! I got luuuuucccckkkkyyy...maybe you will too! *winkwink*"

I've never wondered until I saw this thread title but I'm glad I stopped by.

believe it or not durring season the color of the boys gets more black and the girl stays grey.
i have only heard her call once an that was before i moved them yo the breeding area in october
will have pics up of the egg laying manuevers it involved all three!!!

Well, You can often see the male's organ when breeding.... if you've ever seen a sheep's or goat's... similar.. I had the awful opportunity of seeing it first hand when my one male was romancing the mini horse right in front of me
sickbyc.gif
. NOT what I was expecting, I thought they were more like chickens. In babies you can sex them, similar to young ducks or geese.

Wait a minute... I MAY be missing something here.... he didn't climb on like a duck or chicken and smash her to death while pulling out her feathers???? He kinda backed up to her? Or kinda side swiped her? And her bumm was all tuffled up??
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom