Emu maitng photos (if you ever wondered)

Discussion in 'Ostriches, Emu, Rheas' started by foulman007, Jan 9, 2011.

1. foulman007

foulman007 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 29, 2010
    Columbia SC
    My alpha male was being very showy toward me this morning so I went in and grabbed up the camera
    [​IMG]
    she is willing so they need to set their roles again.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Getting to the deed
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I am gonna try to get some photos of her laying an egg this evening she has been laying around 4-5 pm

2. Supreme Emu

Supreme Emu Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2010
    Yeh, okay. I'm intrigued -- good luck to you crawling around on your belly in the bush here in Oz in the hope of sneaking up on bonking birds, copulating creatures, eroticised emus, furgling featheries, randy ratites, or the likes.

Can you provide details of the distinctive features of males and females, Foulman? I am confused. I'm STILL not even sure of the sex of my birds.

Supreme Emu

3. elizabethbinary

elizabethbinary Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    I LOVE HER EXPRESSION AT THE END!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] "Lookit my ruffled feathers... yeah baby...lookit them!! I got luuuuucccckkkkyyy...maybe you will too! *winkwink*"

I've never wondered until I saw this thread title but I'm glad I stopped by.

4. foulman007

Dec 29, 2010
    Columbia SC
    believe it or not durring season the color of the boys gets more black and the girl stays grey.
    i have only heard her call once an that was before i moved them yo the breeding area in october
    will have pics up of the egg laying manuevers it involved all three!!!

5. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Well, You can often see the male's organ when breeding.... if you've ever seen a sheep's or goat's... similar.. I had the awful opportunity of seeing it first hand when my one male was romancing the mini horse right in front of me [​IMG]. NOT what I was expecting, I thought they were more like chickens. In babies you can sex them, similar to young ducks or geese.

6. IHeartCapnHook

IHeartCapnHook Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2009
    North Dallas
    Wait a minute... I MAY be missing something here.... he didn't climb on like a duck or chicken and smash her to death while pulling out her feathers???? He kinda backed up to her? Or kinda side swiped her? And her bumm was all tuffled up?? [​IMG]

7. KrisRose

KrisRose Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2007
    Davison, MI.
    Quote:Emu's have weiners?? Learn something new everyday [​IMG].

8. foulman007

Dec 29, 2010
    Columbia SC
    Quote:there are three birds in the photos .....standard birdy position

9. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    Quote:Emu's have weiners?? Learn something new everyday [​IMG].

[​IMG]

10. newduckie

newduckie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2009
    Missouri Ozarks
    This whole thing made me laugh.. Especially the part about him romancing the horse!!! Would love to see the egg pictures.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by