Enclosures

Well I figure they live in the wild here without a coop
smile.png
And if I'm correct they are more hardy than chickens and my chickens live in an unheated/uninsulated coop just fine.

Yep.. but in the wild the terrain is highly variable and contains all kinds of resources for them to keep warm/protected.. in a small pen, you have to try and make all that they need available to them, in that small of a space..
smile.png

Quote:
nice looking pen Tony!! What is that on the roof??

Thank you for the compliments.It's a construction grade poly 10ml thick.It will last about 4 years before it cracks.
In N.H.,Tony.

I do both,some birds will only breed in pairs,while others will breed 2-10 hens.I have 2 pair of impeayns,a trio blue eared,pair brown eared,pr swinhoe,pr lewis silvers,trio amherst,pr grey peacock,trio black ringneck and I thought a pr of edwards,but I think I have 2 hens.
In N.H.,Tony.
Quote:

In the winter months for the peacock pheasants I enclose their whole pen so no drafts can get on them.I do not heat their pen and they have done great and even laid eggs in Feb.For the rest of the pens I cover with clear poly from the top to 3 ' down,leaving the bottom 3' open.The top is covered year round.I use to cover the whole sides,but found it was better for the birds to have it open on the bottom.
In N.H.,Tony.
Quote:

Quote:
nice looking pen Tony!! What is that on the roof??

Thank you for the compliments.It's a construction grade poly 10ml thick.It will last about 4 years before it cracks.
In N.H.,Tony.

Sounds like I need to go shopping for some thick plastic!!! I was thinking about trying the 8 mil greehouse plastic and using the brush on white shade stuff that mixes with water.. We have a whole sale supplier that I can get the 5 year plastic in 20 X 100 for around $80.. cheaper than top flight netting and I have all kinds of 2X6's just laying around.

Back
Top Bottom