End of day 22...Nothing!!! :(

AustinM741

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jun 1, 2011
Goldsboro, NC
Today is day 21 and no eggs have pipped.
hu.gif
There is 29 chicken eggs in my incubator and this is tearing my nerves up. Any advice would be great. Thanks.
smile.png

Last edited:
Give it time. was there a temp drop ay any point? Also did you candle before lockdown? I never saw mine pip just looked in to see them alreay past that or out lol. Take a walk never know what you'll come back too
wink.png

The temperature dropped for maube ten minutes, im not sure why? And for some reason I decided not to candle them before lockdown, again I have no idea why. That was probably my stupidity. I really hope all goes well and they hatch tonight. I have two incubators due to hatch today. The one dropped for the ten minutes, the other has been steady. Thanks for the adivice, im gonna go walk and pray for the best.
smile.png

Last edited:
Ive set up a humidifier in my room just in case the humidity wasnt high enough. Theres still nothing going on. My mind keeps playing tricks on me and I think I hear cheeping, but thats a negative.
hmm.png

Don't panic. 21 days is still within the range of normal with an incubator. If the temp was a even a tiny bit cool, it can throw back the timing a couple of days. (And if it makes you feel any better, I've never candled. I figure either they hatch or they don't.) Good luck! And let us know when they hatch!
smile.png

I hate this part of incubating as all you want to do it stare into it!
I have to admit to taking an egg out, holding it to my ear and cheeping!!!! Normally I get a cheep back or movement!! Other people will probably tell you not to be so stupid, lol!!
I think you can wait a few days longer though, I always have and good luck!!

Back
Top Bottom