End of day 22?

Attachments

• IMG_20201031_003715.jpg
    IMG_20201031_003715.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 8
Yeah, toss it.
Yes it's very watery. It rolls around with the egg. Should it be solid?

Good luck! You got this! :highfive:
If it were me, it's been so long since your one chick hatched, I wouldn't hesitate to open most of the air cell up and look for movement and veins, and if it looked ok I would probably fully assist at this point. But read that guide before you do anything.
Doesn’t look good. No veining I can see and seems to have quite a bit of fluid in there behind the membrane.

ETA: I’m guessing no movement? (Just in case, there’s been weirder things I’ve seen lol)
Yeah, toss it.

Yes it's very watery. It rolls around with the egg. Should it be solid?
By this stage most of the fluid should be gone from around the chick. They’re usually pretty tight up against the membrane and it’s contoured to them. (I think there are pictures of “normal” ones on the assisted hatching guide.)
Toss that one for sure.

Here’s a “good” egg for comparison. I assisted this sebright that was malpositioned, it was trying its darnedest to pip through that membrane but it was so tangled up with its legs it couldn’t reach. But see how tight to the chick the membrane is, and the veins? (And of course, it was kicking and wiggling all over).
9E399D25-2E75-4E1F-89C1-C1BD08C1B16B.jpeg

Here’s a “good” egg for comparison. I assisted this sebright that was malpositioned, it was trying its darnedest to pip through that membrane but it was so tangled up with its legs it couldn’t reach. But see how tight to the chick the membrane is, and the veins? (And of course, it was kicking and wiggling all over).View attachment 2393420
That ones no good either. :( better to know than toss a good egg though!
Here’s a “good” egg for comparison. I assisted this sebright that was malpositioned, it was trying its darnedest to pip through that membrane but it was so tangled up with its legs it couldn’t reach. But see how tight to the chick the membrane is, and the veins? (And of course, it was kicking and wiggling all over).View attachment 2393420
Plus I've managed to get some more eggs so no point keeping them waiting if the incy is not needed. What happened here!?
16041056130987056933900535824618.jpg

This one looks well developed, but no movement
16041058294223313770800557493124.jpg

Back
Top Bottom