End of day 22?

I can see some small vessels in a few spots but nothing huge. Can you see the beak at all when it moves? Often they’ll kind of crane their neck back and push.
It looks like there’s some “egg junk” at the middle/bottom, so it could be positioned a little bit funny in there. That stuff should be in the small end of the egg near the chick’s bottom.
Also inspect the other side of the egg well. Sometimes they are malpositioned and make a much more subtle internal and external pip in one go.
definitely a good idea to leave it a bit and recheck it. You can often hear them clicking, too, if they’ve started respiration. Or peeping, if they’ve pipped. :)

I can see some small vessels in a few spots but nothing huge. Can you see the beak at all when it moves? Often they’ll kind of crane their neck back and push.
It looks like there’s some “egg junk” at the middle/bottom, so it could be positioned a little bit funny in there. That stuff should be in the small end of the egg near the chick’s bottom.
Also inspect the other side of the egg well. Sometimes they are malpositioned and make a much more subtle internal and external pip in one go.
definitely a good idea to leave it a bit and recheck it. You can often hear them clicking, too, if they’ve started respiration. Or peeping, if they’ve pipped. :)
I can see the internal membrane pulsating which I presume is respiration. I can't see the beak. Is the head supposed to be at the wide end which I have opened? I think I am seeing the head... I'll check her at 6am... 4 hours!

Did you pick away the inner membrane? Was there any blood at all? Do you see the beak?
Did you pick away the inner membrane? Was there any blood at all? Do you see the beak?
I can see the internal membrane pulsating which I presume is respiration. I can't see the beak. Is the head supposed to be at the wide end which I have opened? I think I am seeing the head... I'll check her at 6am... 4 hours!
Thank you both for your help ❤️

Their head is usually tucked up under their right wing, kind of upside down with the beak positioned towards the fat end where the air cell is. Pulled a random illustration from google to give you an idea of proper positioning. :)

1604109037014.jpeg

I totally did not realize you’re across the pond. Haha. Grab a couple hours of sleep anyways. :p it’s only 10pm here. Haha.

I hope she makes it... 💜💟
Hopefully that's the head you are seeing...I've never had to assist a malpositioned chick that didn't first attempt a pip. Fingers crossed for your little one.
Their head is usually tucked up under their right wing, kind of upside down with the beak positioned towards the fat end where the air cell is. Pulled a random illustration from google to give you an idea of proper positioning. :)

View attachment 2393490

I totally did not realize you’re across the pond. Haha. Grab a couple hours of sleep anyways. :p it’s only 10pm here. Haha.
I hope she makes it... 💜💟
She didn't make is through, sadly.

Back
Top Bottom