End of my chicken-keeping - tropical storm Lee - UPDATE!

mulewagon

Songster
9 Years
Nov 13, 2010
Alabama
The worst is true - I can see this morning that there's a giant oak tree down across my pen. The fence is crushed, also the broody coop (no one is brooding,thank goodness!)

I think the coop is still intact. I hope we can get to it in time, it's full of babies an both the roosters are in there, and it'll be a mudhole. Will call BIL to take chickens it they

No, the coop is half crushed. There's a rooster alive at least. BIL is coming with cages. We don't know if we can safely get to the door. It's still dark. I don't know how many are still alive.

Last edited:
Yikes, I'm sorry about that.
sad.png
Be careful! I hope you find more of your birds alive
hugs.gif

My husband's gone to get gas for the chainsaw. Dog is locked up. Rooster is still crowing. Now just waiting.

17 chicks in there - I worked so hard to keep them alive! Now it's all gone. And the beautiful pen. It was so much work.

I'm so sorry. I would die for my chickens. If there was something life threatening to them like a tornado, I would run back and forth between the coop and barn and put them all in. Then take the dog in the other side but I wouldn't even know what to do in a tropical storm.
I guess id try to stuff them all in the car.

Back
Top Bottom