endangered ducks?

hi;
i keep see things online about endangered domestic ducks.Ducks like the hook bill, shetlands, appleyards and AYLESBURY. i have seen things like there are only 80 hookbill hens left,but iv personally seen more my self. can any body give me a real list of rarest domestic preferably in order and with about how many are left
thanks
If you want a really rare and unusual breed try to get your hand on some Itik Alabio Ducks from Indonesia.

20181206_154654.jpg

Attachments

• 20181206_154653.jpg
    20181206_154653.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 2
The livestock conservancy does a survey every few years and that's what their numbers are based off of. But keep in mind that not every breeder participates in it. So numbers are usually higher than what they show on their website.

I have to step in. Can't take misinformation.

We have at least 150 Hookbills at our waterfowl farm in Canada. Metzer received ducklings from our parent flock. They were 'gifted' these birds with Hope's they would keep the breed going from a hatchery quality level. We took on a very large portion of the Holderread Hookbill flock with the sole intention of preserving this breed.

The eggs are not hard to hatch. We have no issues with this breed what so ever and have sold a lot of ducklings and adults. The Livestock Conservancy numbers are unfortunately very inaccurate vs reality. The Hookbills are not going anywhere and will always be at our farm for the remainder of our lives. So no, they are not extinct cut and not any less genetically diverse now than they were in the past.

They may be harder to find but we have lots and I suggest if anyone wants some this November in Ohio to get into contact with us.

Back
Top Bottom