Ended Official BYC Contest - Worst Chicken Molt Pictures - Fall-Winter 2016

Poor Fancy,, sure looks to have had the best/WORST molt in pictures. Hope she fully recovered.

She's beautiful now! Thank you!

Her tail feathers have grown out more since these photos were taken and she looks even better, and began laying jumbo-sized blue eggs again just two weeks ago. She allows her favorite rooster to mate with her periodically and the rest of the time he guards her from all of the other amorous boys so her feathers can remain beautiful.
smile.png

She's beautiful now! Thank you! Her tail feathers have grown out more since these photos were taken and she looks even better, and began laying jumbo-sized blue eggs again just two weeks ago. She allows her favorite rooster to mate with her periodically and the rest of the time he guards her from all of the other amorous boys so her feathers can remain beautiful. :)
She's quite the odd little bird lol what does she have in her? She almost looks like a bit silkie with those dark legs. I can't see her face but no feathered legs so I'm guessing either probably not or very little?

She's quite the odd little bird lol what does she have in her? She almost looks like a bit silkie with those dark legs. I can't see her face but no feathered legs so I'm guessing either probably not or very little?

I'm honestly not sure what the breeder used to get this combination. He sold "frizzled and smooth Easter Eggers" hatching eggs to me. She and her sister Domino are the only two frizzles in my flock, and both lay huge blue eggs that seem too large for their small, lean frames.

Phooy!! I should of taken a picture of my lady when she molted this fall. She was a naked lady loose in the coop. Now she is a big fat feathery chicken again!!
:he

horrible pictures but she is impossible to capture
She is an EE, and her name is Copper due to the copper feathers around her neck
and she is a sad sight right now

this is her normally (obviously not the rooster)

Last edited:
One of my Frizzle Easter Eggers. This photo was taken 8/14/2016. Her name is Fancy, though she had a hard time living up to that name for a while.
wink.png

2nd Place @llive24

My mother's frizzle should be censored.

And All Other Breeds:

1st Place @suwahsen

All other breeds

This is my Welsummer, Speck. To see what she looks like with feathers just look at the October picture in the 2016 BYC calendar. Oh, how the mighty have fallen!

2nd Place @uphilljill

Barred Rock hen for all other breeds category

Congratulations to the winners and thank you everyone that entered!
clap.gif

Back
Top Bottom