England UK

Pics
Hi Mary,

I live in the Peak District, so it get pretty chilly here! I insulated my coop, but I think heat is a big no-no, because of the temperature difference going in and out. HOWEVER.... I am a huge softie and let my chickens in the house in the evening
hide.gif

They were begging to come in and I didn't have the heart to leave them outside in the cold
love.gif

Hi Im from walsall west mids, have had my chickens for a year and cannt get enough of them I had 4 but a fox got one and one died last week (x battery) i have had a new shed for them and a 14ft by 14ft run, am hopeing to get a couple of sussex and may be a cuple of silver laced wyancote soon.

Hi there I live in the midlands,I have had chickens for a year now so have seen their first winter,mine didnt mind at all, so long as they dont get wet (they dont like to be wet) chickens can stand the cold. I am at the moment putting up a new shed (from Wilkinsons), with wire in the window as they need venterlation.and a pop hole to come and go,and a big out side pen, plenty of water as they drink alot, and a chair so you can sit and talk to them, I would sit and talk to them all day (am I mad), I have 1 x battery one died last week and one from a farm , im hopeing to get some sussex and silver laced wyancotte soon.

Hi Everyone, anyone from London area? West London?

Also Just wondering if anybody had been to or used 'Perfect Poultry' in some way. They are in Lightwater Surrey in England?
http://www.perfectpoultry.co.uk/
Just wondering what other peoples experiences were and what they thought of the place??

Hey all, I'm from south Somerset and have ducks! (feel like I'm introducing myself on a weird version of take me out!) So glad to find this thread, I love this site but sometimes when you have a problem you want help with you have to wait most of the day for the lovely people to wake up!
Talking of problems...I've duck eggs in lockdown I'm on day 28 now and there's no external pips, any advice or soothing words!?

Hey all, I'm from south Somerset and have ducks! (feel like I'm introducing myself on a weird version of take me out!) So glad to find this thread, I love this site but sometimes when you have a problem you want help with you have to wait most of the day for the lovely people to wake up!
Talking of problems...I've duck eggs in lockdown I'm on day 28 now and there's no external pips, any advice or soothing words!?
Whats the humidity?? You want higher for ducks than chicken chicks.
Sit on your hands I would say!! Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom