English Partridge

Quote:
Well, that doesn't change my breeding plan anyhow. Either way, English Partridge or Gold Duckwing, I'll breed her to a Silver roo. That way, unless we're both wrong, the color should easily reproduce itself. (Yes, I know, there will be some goldens. But I'm prepared for that.) Also, although I've never heard of flittering before, I know what you mean by it. If I keep selecting for the flittering, I might find there may be something genetic about it. Lest we forget that the Bibbed genes in Mallard-breed ducks derived from 'that duck with a little white spot'. (As of now, I'm selecting for the Bibbed gene in Buff Orpingtons.) Thanks for your input.

I happen to be interested in that...
wink.png

Quote:
Well, that doesn't change my breeding plan anyhow. Either way, English Partridge or Gold Duckwing, I'll breed her to a Silver roo. That way, unless we're both wrong, the color should easily reproduce itself. (Yes, I know, there will be some goldens. But I'm prepared for that.) Also, although I've never heard of flittering before, I know what you mean by it. If I keep selecting for the flittering, I might find there may be something genetic about it. Lest we forget that the Bibbed genes in Mallard-breed ducks derived from 'that duck with a little white spot'. (As of now, I'm selecting for the Bibbed gene in Buff Orpingtons.) Thanks for your input.

I happen to be interested in that...
wink.png

Really? Well I'll have to keep you updated. There are a good few sub-standard Khaki campbells around my area. I've seen fuly bibbed specimens. I'm gonna try to get a hold of one to speed things up, by doing a sexlink cross (only the buff gene would be sexlinked because both Khakis and Buffs carry the chocolate gene. If I can't get one though, I'll have to continue slogging along with my selective breeding for the bibbed buffs. That may take awhile...
pop.gif
caf.gif
old.gif

Quote:
The other factor of this hen is she almost definitely carries Silver/Red (S/S, ?/? (some sort of Red modifier)). You can tell by her overall composition. (deeper upperfeathers/coverts/shoulders; cream hackles)

Last edited:
This sounds like an interesting project. I am always all for new breeds, and think that more "crosses" should be recognized as nice birds. Why don't breeders experiment more?
hmm.png

Quote:
The other factor of this hen is she almost definitely carries Silver/Red (S/S, ?/? (some sort of Red modifier)). You can tell by her overall coposition.

I disagree. She looks gold, textbook gold...
wink.png

Quote:
The other factor of this hen is she almost definitely carries Silver/Red (S/S, ?/? (some sort of Red modifier)). You can tell by her overall coposition.

I disagree. She looks gold, textbook gold...
wink.png

Maybe we should ask her what she thinks?
lau.gif

So, if this color isn't English Partridge, and not-quite Gold Duckwing, what would it be called? Or do you think I could get away with calling her and her descendents Gold Duckwing?
PhotomentagraphumentContest005.jpg

CorneliaFrost305.jpg

CorneliaFrost126.jpg

GardenParty060.jpg

CorneliaFrost138.jpg

GardenParty067.jpg

PhotomentagraphumentContest014.jpg

jumpy.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom