Enlarged crop

Ashleyp13

Hatching
Jun 7, 2020
I’m a first time chicken “mom”. We have a mix of Wyandotte’s and lavender orpingtons. One of our orpingtons frequently has pasty butt during he first two weeks. Those issues finally worked out. Now, it’s crop is very large. It’s not rock solid, but is definitely much larger than normal.
I’m not sure how to help it. The spot goes across the front. We’ve had these babies for a month, and this one was brand new when we got it.
they eat medicated chicken starter food. We take them outside when it’s warm and let them walk around in the grass and lay in the shade.

Attachments

• 307E8CE2-09F8-4189-8977-D2E96617BB35.jpeg
    307E8CE2-09F8-4189-8977-D2E96617BB35.jpeg
    624.1 KB · Views: 13
I’m a first time chicken “mom”. We have a mix of Wyandotte’s and lavender orpingtons. One of our orpingtons frequently has pasty butt during he first two weeks. Those issues finally worked out. Now, it’s crop is very large. It’s not rock solid, but is definitely much larger than normal.
I’m not sure how to help it. The spot goes across the front. We’ve had these babies for a month, and this one was brand new when we got it.
they eat medicated chicken starter food. We take them outside when it’s warm and let them walk around in the grass and lay in the shade.
Is her crop flat in the morning before you put food down?

I don’t know that it’s flat, because I’ve honestly not looked at it then. It definitely wasn’t this large in the morning. The chick has pooped several times this evening. Not runnyZ

Back
Top Bottom