Entertainment for Baby Chicks

i read a cd stung up on a sting. or veg strung up so they have to semi jump to get it. mine love bugs. you can get crickets pretty cheap at pet stores. they have super tiny ones that are great for chicks.

Easttexaschick,
My sister and I own 4 silkies that spend the night outside in the coop now. we also heard them screaming and found them eating moths. our dad catches moths now, and feeds the moths to them.

I put a stick in their brooder at an angle, so there is a high spot and a low spot. They love jumping all over it and each other trying to be king/queen of the brooder. Its adorable and helping them find their balance for roosting later!
yippiechickie.gif

My HAND! My 4-day-olds love chasing my hand around, hopping onto my palm, or hiding underneath it.

Cat teaser with feathers and metallic ribbon stuff they love to chase around, peck at, etc

random objects for them to investigate/peck at

worm-shaped object for them to run around with and chase each other...but that they won't be able to swallow

Quote:
I got a parakeet mirror for mine (3 sides). It's great, Scrambles keeps going over to stare at herself and falls asleep snuggled in front of it. They'll all crowd it at other times.

I also got them another parakeet toy that's a square plastic thing with a bell on each corner (hung on the side of the brooder) I'm about to just take it out because whenever it rings they act afraid. They're not even willing to touch it; though right now they don't seem to care about it.

I got one silkie chicken...I know how to take care of it cuz I had a lot of chickens in Puerto Rico but this bird is always chirping and I feel like its bored I put it with my dog to see if it won't to play ( don't worry my dog didn't hurt it) my dog ended up being scared of my chicken...soo I did other stuff but nun of them worked so....I need help to find something that would entertain my chicken.

Last edited:
They love it if you catch a few crickets or grasshoppers and let them loose in the brooder/cardboard box.They also love it if you tie some food to a piece of string and hang it in the brooder, or move it around so that they have to jump around to get the food.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom