Epic FAIL treats......

dogdollar

Songster
11 Years
May 19, 2010
I thought this might be a funny thread.
What, in your infinite wisdom, have you thought would be the ULTIMATE treat for your chickens, just to have them not only ignore your offering but also to look at you like you're a total reetard?
DD

The first time I threw some cabbage and other greens in the run one day when I could
not let them out. They looked at it and then ran from it to the other end of the coop.
They stayed huddled up at one end for maybe an hour before one of the hens found
the courage to come test it.

Cabbage. I read that someone would cut a whole in it & hang it in the run & the chicks would attack it. Wrong. I was at the store saw one took it home cut the whole. Hung it in the coop. Nothing happened . So I was mad because I now wanted to eat it. Well the day wore on & still nothing. Finally, took it down put it in the ice box's. Next day repeated the procedure nothing. Even cut some up still nothing. My chickens do not like cabbage. But they love weeds. Go figure.

I once gave my chickens a pot of "stuff" that had worn out it's welcome in my house...they ate everything except the stewed tomatoes...they left them there till they dried up! Weirdos.

EW< EW< REETARD HERE!!!!! I read and read and read about Black Oil Sunflower Seeds, or BOSS for all u acryonym crazy folk, so i went out and bougth 50 pounds, im suprised they didnt hide them under their wing and hurl them at me the next morning, its been 3 weeks and only my jersey giants will eat them on occasion, NOW RICE, it must have crack in it for sure, every bird i own goes crazy for cooked rice! chickens are so cautious,and fearful of new things.

I haven't found anything my chickens won't eat - you'd think I starve them! They especially love the greens out of the garden and when they're out free-ranging all I have to do is go out the back door with a piece of light bread in my hand and they come running just like I've rung a dinner bell. Makes round-up much easier.

Green grapes. They act like I am trying to poison them. Keep in mind that if I feed red/purple grapes there's almost a chicken stampede and they will sometimes swallow them whole just so another flockmate won't get a bite.

just yesterday, I had 10 green tomatoes still in perfect shape and thought well they will love this and threw them in there. they avoided them like the plague :-( kinda looked at me like they were thinking...THIS IS THE TREAT WE GET TODAY?? REALLY...? I went back 4 hours later and most of them where there. bu 7 pm they were all gone and they must of liked them causer they gave me 14 eggs, that is the most I have gotten in one day since my chickens began laying 2 weeks ago :)

My idiots wont eat treats or scraps off the ground. If you want them to eat it you have to hand feed them
roll.png
or it just sits on the ground till it composts itself.
They eat scratch off the ground though, go figure.

Back
Top Bottom