Epilepsy film could use some votes, if you would, please

I wish I could have heard the doctors talk.....

I am the mother of an Epileptic who is fast approaching driving....... thankfully she IS controlled with her meds, and has been for quite a while.

If anybody would like to find out more information on Epilepsy; please check out the Epilepsy Foundation web site. It is much more common that you know....
http://epilepsyfoundation.org/

Quote:
had they confirmed it through EEG?
if are in childhood or teenage years now,chances are will likely grow out of it,or it will change.
with the right medication or combination of meds,will usualy find life goes back the way it was unless there are any bad medication side effects,so dont see it as a bad negative thing,see it as a barrier to get around.

-have had epilepsy since toddler age,and despite being on maximum doseages of medication,still have quite severe seizures as well as have a risk of status epilepticus,also have access to PRN diazepam [supository] for status epilepticus.
upon late teenage/early adult years,had developed a side effect of seizures known as todds paralysis ;from waist down will be paralysed for up to several days at its worst.

am living with several people who have very different epilepsy,they are profoundly affected by it ,they are in hospital with it every week as they are always going into status epilepticus,they always have injections on hand to,one of them is not expected to see her twenties and she was taken to florida/disneyworld this year on a all expenses paid trip by a well known organisation for profoundly disabled/terminaly ill kids.

most people woud not make fun of epilepsy [in particular tonic clonic] if they experienced a seizure, mentaly and physicaly it slows everything down for days afterwards,they are very difficult getting over.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom