VOTE on the winner of Rooster of the Year VOTING IS CLOSED!

Who should be Rooster of the Year?

• 1. ChickLover98 with JASPER

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2. Erin~TheChickLover with TUX

• 3. theeggboxtoo with LEO

• 4. theeggboxtoo with DARTH VADER

• 5. <3ChickenForever with CREAMY

• 6. HappyChickenLover with CONAN

• 7. surgarynut with LITTLE T

• 8. sugarynut with CHARLEY

• 9. Zinnia-Hen with NAPOLEON

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChickLover98

The Chicken Princess
9 Years
Apr 24, 2010
Pennsylvania
VOTING IS CLOSED!!!

1. CHICKLOVER98 with JASPER
And here's Jasper's complete entry:
Jasper is very excited for this contest! I hope that you like his entry and Vote for him!

PART I
name of your bird: Jasper
age of your bird: 2 1/2 years
why you think your bird should win: Jasper was a rescue and was in poor condition when we got him. He has bounced back now, and protects his girls like nobody's business. He finds then snacks, and refuses ot eat until the girls are done. He was about to go up against a hawk for them, until I found them and put them back in the coop. He calls them over to eat whatever he found and he's just such a great guy!
big_smile.png

what breed is your bird: Red Sexlink
what catergorie is it in: Prettiest bird & Best bird
55349_263460_236005203078065_100000057615535_1003256_8194387_n.jpg

55349_graduation_and_chickens_and_lila_015.jpg

55349_chickies_spring_2011_011.jpg

55349_chickies_spring_2011_010.jpg

55349_chickies_spring_2011_005.jpg

55349_easter_2011_010.jpg

PART II
Jasper's Story

When I first saw Jasper, he was all mangy, skinny and had terrible scaly leg mites. His comb was bloody and his tail feathers were all screwed up. Heck, he was UGLY! But, I loved him as soon as I saw him. I knew where he came from, but I just recently found out his story. He came from a guy down the street who free-ranges. Even if Jasper was lucky enough to find food, the three larger roosters would beat him up and deprive him of food. He was probably going to die unless we took him. He was also afraid of people and wouldnt let anyone touch him. One day I was feeding the chooks bread when I spotted Jasper approaching me. I extended my arm and he cautiously grabbed it out of my hand and called the girls over to eat it! I has so happy to see Jasper taking the bread from my hand and giving it to his girlies! Progress with Jasper was going great! With proper nutrition and care, his feather condition and color greatly improved. He's beautiful! Jasper is now the proud papa of 8 offspring! One day, he was sitting there, dust bathing, and I approached him. He didnt seem to be too alarmed, so I reached out and petted him. He actually let me pet him! I decided to take it a step farther and I scooped him up into my arms! He wasnt even afraid at all! I carried him all around showing everyone. I couldnt believe I could possibly change him that much! Now, Jasper's feathers are perfect and his scalys are gone. He'll eat out of my hand and occasionally let me hold him. He protects his girls with his life and always lets them eat before he does. I think he definately deserves to be roo of the year because he'll always be in my eyes. I love my Jasper!

I have supplied before and after pictures of him so that you can see his progress:

BEFORE:
55349_chickies_2010_001.jpg

AFTER:
55349_graduation_and_chickens_and_lila_015.jpg

PART III
Why is Jasper such a nice guy?

Well, Jasper protects his ladies with his life. He was about to take on a hawk for them until I saw his heroic act and put them in the coop. He didnt want to go in because he wanted to protect his girlies. Jasper never eats any treats or food until his girls are done. If he finds food, he will call them over and let them eat first. Jasper is such a sweetie. He will let you hold him and hand feed him. Another reason why Jasper is a nice guy is because of his past. Like I said earlier, Jasper was skinny and underfed. He had a bloody comb, scaly leg mites and his feathers were in poor condition. That's how he looked when I rescued him. It's hard to imagine that with proper nutriton and care, he could ever look as beautiful as he does now. Jasper will let you pet him and he's come a long way from the frantic, scared rooster he was when I rescued him. Also, he won prettiest rooster, and many other awards in his internet contest career.
big_smile.png
Jasper doesn't just have the best personality ever, but he's also the prettiest rooster you could ever see! His deep green tail feathers are stunning and the way his feathers shine in the sun make the ladies swoon!
lol.png
There's just so much great things to say about Japser, it's impossible to list them all here. Jasper is more than deserving of being Rooster of the Year. From his past, to his present, he will be a role model for roosters and hens everywhere. Please consider Jasper for Rooster of the Year!

55349_55349_graduation_and_chickens_and_lila_015.png

55349_luvin_mah_chook.png

This picture is hanging in my bedroom
big_smile.png

PART IV
1. what is jasper favorite food: He loves when we hand feed him bread.

2. what dose jasper like to do for fun: He likes to go on Garden-Raids and go hunting in the garden for food. He also likes to dance for his girls.

3. if you had to describe jasper with one word what would that one word be: AMAZING!!!

4. on a scale from 1 to 10 (1 being not nice and 10 being really nice) how nice is jasper: 10
big_smile.png

5. dose jasper like people: He does like people, but he's still a bit flighty from his past.

6. did you like this contest yes or no: OH YEAH!!
smile.png

7. if you checked yes why did you like this contest and if you check no why did you not like this contest: I liked it because of all the cool parts to it, plus we are really happy becasue Jasper is doing so well in it.
big_smile.png

8. if i made this contest agine next year would you enter agine: 100 % Yes!

9. what did you like most about this contest and what did you like least about this contest: I liked the different parts to the contest. There's nothing that i didnt like.
smile.png

10. coments about this contest and suggestions on how i could make this contest better: Everything was really good!

also put another picture of jasper looking his best:

55349_jas.png

55349_55349_chickenswinter2010-11_008.png

Jasper is very excited to see if he will win! It would really help his ego, especially after all he's been through before.
big_smile.png

2. ERIN~THECHICKENLOVER with TUX
Complete entry TUX
PART 1
-Name of your bird: Tux (short for Tuxedo)

-Age of your bird: 5 months old

-Why you think your bird should win: He is adorable! He loves taking baths and falls asleep under the blow dryer. He has the cutest high pitch crow ever! He is sweeter than pie and loves to be held and crow while you hold him. He is all the time searching for treats for his girls and has a really cute cluck when he finds a treat. When he runs he is sooo cute, like a little ball of fluff. He loves to cuddle in his flowerpot we put in for them with his girlfriend Pixie. He goes and rounds up the girls when they start getting too far from home and always watches for birds of prey.

-What breed is your bird: Mottled Bantam Cochin

-What category is it in: Cutest Bird and Funniest Bird
98009_100_4101.jpg

98009_100_4126.jpg

98009_100_4129.jpg

98009_100_4110.jpg

PART 2: Write about a time you and Tux had a good time together.

First Chicken Bath
Little Tuxie is my best man. I decided to give him a bath that would be my first ever chicken bath and his, too! I brought him in the house and he was like "Cock-A-Doodle-Doo! This place has air-conditioning!" I put him in the tub and he scratched around in the water and splashed the same as a lil' puppy. Now on to Tuxie's favorite thing in the whole world(other than his hens of course), blow dryers! After soaping him up and rinsing him off, I put him on the cabinet. I got the blow dryer and put it on him, and Oh, did he purr! That little fellow just could not help himself, he fell asleep! 30 minutes later, he was warm and coddled and dry! I went and sat on the front porch with him and he just went to Cock-A-Doodle-Dooing away! He had to be saying, you thought I was handsome before, look at me now!

PART 4:
Question: Why is Tux so cute when he runs?

Answer: Tux looks like he is about to crash! He picks up so much speed he can't quite put the brakes on! His little fluffy legs just pump right along and the

look on his face is hilarious! It says, "Ahhhhh!!! I am about to faaaccceeee plaaaanttt!!!" Bless his lil' heart, he just can't keep up with his uncompliant hens!

Tux really is cute though when he runs.

Question and Answers
1. what tux favorite food
Anything that his girls like! Mainly grasshoppers.

2. what dose tux like to do for fun
Anything to please his girls, he would do anything to make them love him.

3. if you had to describe tux with one word what would that one word be'
SWEET!

4. on a scale from 1 to 10 (1 being not nice and 10 being really nice) how nice is tux
10 for sure!

5. dose tux like people
Oh, yes!

6. did you like this contest yes or no
Yes!

7. if you checked yes why did you like this contest and if you check no why did you not like this contest
I loved reading about other roos and well, idk, I loved it though!

8. if i made this contest agine next year would you enter agine
Yes!

9. what did you like most about this contest and what did you like least about this contest
I liked looking at other people's roos and their stories. I did not like the video part, but only because my video would not load.

10. coments about this contest and suggestions on how i could make this contest better
It was great! Though it could maybe be better, I don't know what to tell you. You did a wonderful job with it!
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/98009_100_4165.jpg
Tux says Please, Please, Choose Me for Cutest Roo of the Year!

3. THEEGGBOXTOO with LEO and 4. DARTH VADER
1. what is leo and darth vader favorite food
Darth Vadar: Milk Leo: Watermelon

2. what dose leo and darth vader like to do for fun:
Darth Vadar: Fly Leo: Crow

3. if you had to describe Leo and Darth Vader with one word what would that one word be:
Darth Vadar: Wierd Leo: Perfect

4. on a scale from 1 to 10 (1 being not nice and 10 being really nice) how nice is leo and darth vader:
Darth Vadar: 3 Leo: 8

5. dose leo and darth vader like people:
Darth Vadar: Not really Leo: Yes

6. did you like this contest yes or no: Yes!

7. if you checked yes why did you like this contest and if you check no why did you not like this contest: I like all the different things I had to do.

8. if i made this contest agine next year would you enter again: Yes

9. what did you like most about this contest and what did you like least about this contest: Most: Everything, Least: Nothing
e
10. coments about this contest and suggestions on how i could make this contest better: This is a great contest
smile.png

also put another picture of leo and darth vader looking his best:

Leo:
69221_spring_5_083.jpg

Darth Vader
69221_spring_5_025.jpg

Darth Vader's story

The Evil Darth Vader

“I must escape this brooder!” the nameless chick exclaimed, “Next those humans come I’m going to give them the stinkeye” Padme said “Why do you want to escape? It’s warm, there’s food and water and plenty of stuff to poop on.” The nameless chick ignored her and began pacing back and forth. One of the humans came and tried to pick the nameless chick up, He pecked as hard as he could and started trying to spur her with his imaginary spurs. “I guess you’re a boy, I’ll name you...” The human paused, smiled, and said “The Evil Darth Vader”

The End
Leo Wins Again

“I wish that the Girl would come let us out” Robin complained. “Don’t fret she’ll come soon,” Leo said. “I hope so” complained Buffy “she hasn’t given me a worm in forever!” Leo went in to check on the laying hens, the two new birds wouldn’t leave the layers alone, so he flew up to the box and pecked them both on the head to get them out. “Thanks Leo.” Lemon said looking flustered and angry “they won’t leave me alone even to lay my egg, they are the bravest babies I have ever seen.” “They will eventually grow up and then they won’t annoy you” Leo consoled. “I hear the Girl, hopefully she’ll let us out” Eggo yelled. The door opened and all the birds flew out, screaming like happy toddlers. Leo flew up to the Girl’s back and pecked her ear. “Ouch! What was that for!” Leo smiled and flew off. “I win Again!”

The End
Why is leo the greatest rooster ever?

He protects his 20 ladies from hawks before he even thinks of running

Why is darth vader pretty?

Because he shines in the sun and his feathers are like this:
69221_spring_5_056.jpg

name of your bird: Leo
age of your bird: 9 months
why you think your bird should win: He is the greatest roo ever
smile.png

what breed is your bird: EE
what catergorie is it in: Best Bird

69221_spring_5_069.jpg

69221_016.jpg

69221_108.jpg

name of your bird: Darth Vadar
age of your bird: 6 months
why you think your bird should win: He's pretty
what breed is your bird: Mille Fleur D'uccle
what catergorie is it in: Prettiest Bird

69221_spring_5_025.jpg

69221_spring_5_064.jpg

69221_spring_5_056.jpg

5. <3CHICKENFOREVER with CREAMY
Complete entry:

Part 1

name of your bird: Creamy
age of your bird: 2 and a half years
why you think your bird should win: He is thee nicest rooster ever! He's so beautiful and amazing in every way! He's the best!
what breed is your bird: Red sex-link mix
what catergorie is it in: Best bird
80445_102_1423.jpg

80445_100_0437.jpg

80445_102_1177.jpg

Part 2
Creamy's Story

When I first got Creamy in 2009 I fell in love with him! He was so sweet and was always calm! Everyday I would hold him and he'd fall asleep on me. It was so cute. He is the most beautiful rooster I had ever had. His comb and wattles are perfect! Once everyone was old enough we put them out in the big coop, including Creamy. We had about 25 birds then and half of them were roosters. I begged my dad to keep Creamy and he did because he was the nicest rooster we had. When he was little we didn't even know he was a rooster. We ended up keeping 3 roosters. One of them was named Cookie, he was a mean rooster and he ended up getting put down (long story) and the other was a plain white one. The plain rooster was coming after me and only scratched me. Creamy saw it and he got mad and chased after the plain rooster. I was so happy Creamy saved me like that! I never thought that, that would happen! The plain rooster later died from a dog. Anyways, Creamy always protected his ladies. When we ended up getting another rooster, who is a SLW, Creamy thought at first "Alright, just don't mess with my ladies". Whenever Matt (SLW) mated with Creamy's ladies, Creamy chased him off. That's how protective Creamy is of his ladies! Whenever I come outside, Creamy is usually the one first to greet me. He'd always sit by me if I'm sitting down. He even let's me pet one of his ladies. I love Creamy so much! He is my absoulty my FAVORITE! I would never let him go, he is my best friend and is a good rooster and always will be. The best rooster. He deserves to win because he'll protect his ladies and me no matter what the cause. He also will alyways protect my family!!! I love you Creams!!!!♥

Part 3

Why should Creamy be the rooster of the year?

He should because he is the sweetest thing! One day last year around fall, the neighbors dog terrorized all of them. I saw the dog and he was trying to get at a hen. (She was saved) Anyways, I looked all around and couldn't see Creamy in sight or his ladies. They were all hiden and Creamy was taking a stand. If Creamy wasn't there to hide ALL his ladies, the hens wouldn't have made it. Creamy is a hero! He isn't affraid of anything. He even protected me one time from another rooster. When the rooster was trying to attack me, Creamy chased him off. Creams was mad! I could tell! He is such a beautiful rooster and wouldn't even hurt a fly. Every time I come outside, he's the first to greet me! Whenever I give him a goodie, say like bread, he gets it and puts it down so his ladies can have it. He's such a great rooster! He'd never be mean. Oh and I almost forgot... when the Shwans guy came and saw Creamy he was like "Wow very beautiful rooster". True story! Hahaha. Pick Creamy!!!
smile.png

Part 4

1. What is Creamy's favorite food: Umm, I don't know he'll eat anything I guess.
lol.png

2. What does Creamy like to do for fun: Watch over his ladies and run around my yard.

3. If you had to describe Creamy with one word what would that one word be: There's a bunch of words! Hahaha hmmm... Protective.
big_smile.png

4. On a scale from 1 to 10 (1 being not nice and 10 being really nice) how nice is Creamy: 1000000000000000000000000000000000000
lol.png

5. Does Creamy like people: Like? More like LOVE! He loves everyone he meets.

6. Did you like this contest yes or no: Yes
smile.png

7. If you checked yes why did you like this contest and if you check no why did you not like this contest: Because I got a chance to show off my BEAUTIFUL Creamy!
big_smile.png

8. If i made this contest again next year would you enter again: Yess!

9. What did you like most about this contest and what did you like least about this contest: I liked that there was parts to it.

10. Coments about this contest and suggestions on how i could make this contest better: It was good as is
thumbsup.gif

PICS. (I just took today):

80445_102_1535.jpg

80445_102_1536.jpg

80445_102_1537.jpg

80445_102_1538.jpg

80445_102_1542.jpg

Creamy's says, "Bokkk, bokkk, Pick me!"
smile.png

6. HAPPYCHICKENLOVER with CONAN **UNCCOMPLETE ENTRY!!**
This is my American Gamefowl named Conan. I took him off a friends hand back in the spring of this year, also had to get him a girl friend. He is the nicest gamefowl I have ever seen. He greets me at my face when I bring in some food and bend down to him and pet him. So far allmost every egg they have layed has been fertile. He is just so wonderful and beautiful to look at.

name of your bird: Conan
age of your bird: Probly 3 years
why you think your bird should win: because he is not only beautiful but he is such a loving bird with character
what breed is your bird: American Gamefowl
what catergorie is it in: beautiful bird

1. what conan favorite food: Beetles

2. what dose conan like to do for fun: stand on his house and crow

3. if you had to describe conan with one word what would that one word be: fantastic

4. on a scale from 1 to 10 (1 being not nice and 10 being really nice) how nice is conan: 9.5

5. dose conan like people: yes

6. did you like this contest yes or no: yes

7. if you checked yes why did you like this contest and if you check no why did you not like this contest: cause i get to have fun seeing other peoples birds and showing off mine

8. if i made this contest agine next year would you enter agine: most likely

9. what did you like most about this contest and what did you like least about this contest: na

10. coments about this contest and suggestions on how i could make this contest better: not make me answer so many questions

conan.jpg

7. SUGARYNUT with LITTLE T and 8. CHARLEY **UNCOMPLETE ENTRIES!!**
Little T
Sil-go-link
5 months
He should win because he is beautiful and sweet and just an all around cool bird.
rooster%252520closeup.jpg

This is Charlie
He is 5 months old
An old English Banty Rooster
He deserves the award for the funnest & the cutest bird because he is the tiniest of the bunch but the one with the most personality. He keeps the girls of the flock in line, (or at least tries to) and tolerates my granddaughter with the utmost patience.[URL]http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6127/6020719630_585e99a6e1_b.jpg[/URL]
Untitled by surgerynut, on Flickr[URL]http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6021/5947341880_f96cccef99_b.jpg[/URL]
Untitled by surgerynut, on Flickrhttps://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-...AGJU/kunWFQ3slkU/s800/charlie%2520crowing.jpghttp://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd251/surgerynut/chickenaddie.jpg

9. ZINNIA-HEN with NAPOLEON **UNCOMPLETE ENTRY!!**
name of your bird: Napoleon.
age of your bird: About 4 or 5.
why you think your bird should win: He's adorable, sweet, a ladies man, and a great rooster.
what breed is your bird: Birchen Modern Game (bantam).
what catergorie is it in: Cutest, prettiest, and/or best bird.

78366_img_1027.jpg

78366_img_1013.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
yah i just found it thanks for making this

No problem!
big_smile.png
I'm having a tough time deciding who to vote for!

<3ChickenForever :

How come we cant see anybody's pictures?

Because they arent uploaded on my account. Youll have to use the links.​

Everyone's entries are all beautiful, and it was very hard to choose! Jasper is drop-dead gorgeous.

I voted for Napoleon. Gooo Zinnia!
woot.gif
Modern games RULE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom