Ereaders Ebooks ipad Nook Kindle Sony

tazcat70

I must be crazy!
13 Years
Oct 5, 2007
Kansas
My Coop
My Coop
Where do you prefer to buy your books from? Is there a reason that you prefer Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Or Sony? What type of reader do you have? Do you like it?

I have been wanting one for a while now, and I keep talking myself out of it. But then I come back to it. I think I am going to get a Sony. I like that you are not locked in to one store.

Last edited:
Oh, I love, love love my Kindle!!!
love.gif
Mine is the first generation, and I'm itching to get a new model ... but mine is still wonderful so there is really no reason to - LOL! It is so easy to use, and super easy to read, the e-ink is really nice on your eyes - no glare at all. One great thing is if you have a smart phone, the Kindle and the Kindle App on your phone can sync so you can read on your phone if you are at work at lunch, or at a doctor's office appt, then read on the Kindle when you get home and it knows where your place it automatically. I use this feature all of the time!!! LOL I got Chickens for Dummies and Storey's guide to chickens on it just recently. I like Amazon because they have a huge selection, ebooks in general because they are cheaper than regular books. Be warned, once you have an e-reader ... you will go through books much faster since you can download a new book in under 30 seconds. Oh, speaking of, I love the Kindle also because you get lifetime 3G network coverage for downloading books anywhere, no internet required. Another nice thing about Amazon, is if you go to Kindle Bestsellers, one column is regular price and the other is all free books. They are usually free because they are new authors, or new to Kindle authors, or an author coming out with a new book in a series that wants to hook you with the first book in the series free. I limit how many books I can buy a month or it gets out of hand, and the rest are free books. Probably 80% of the free books I read are really great books that I would probably never have found if they hadn't been on the free bestseller list. There are also many classics that are free. The other 15% are still good but not great, and the rest I just delete because they were not for me. I do usually only buy the ones that have 4 or 5 stars for reader reviews.
Anyway as you can tell, I love it! My hubby got it for mothers day with the idea that we would donate all of my hardcover books, which we did ... less clutter, all books stored on Amazon so you never have to pay for it again.
Michele

I love my e-reader. Got mine before any of the others came out. The reason I love it...it can go anywhere I go without adding weight to my purse, if I finish a book I always have another one handy.

Love my Kindle! Looked at the Nook when we bought them (yes, we got 2. One for me and one for him. No fighting that way!) and the dang thing is heavy! May as well carry a print book at that weight. The Kindle is much lighter, and so easy to read. But you do need a light if you are going to be reading in dim light (or a darkened bedroom).

I have bought a couple books from Amazon. Will probably (eventually) buy more, but I have about a dozen on my computer in .pdf form, so I am making my way thru those. And have not, nor will I ever, give up on print books. I have- oh, maybe 40-50 of those on the shelf, waiting to be read, too!

I absolutely love my Kindle. I, too, switch from Kindle to iPad to iPhone depending on where I am and what I have with me, so I can continue reading. It's so slick how they sync with each other.

Yup, I have Storey's Guide to Raising Poultry and the Dummies/Coop books on my Kindle.

I saw somebody reading Robin Cook's "Sphinx" the other day and bought the ebook version about 2 minutes later. Now I don't have to find somewhere to gift the paperback; it takes up virtually so little space. <*smirk*>

There are many other books "on" my Kindle.

Thanks! I love the idea of free books! I can't wait to check em out!

Do you know if any of them are back lit for reading in a darkened room?

Gryeyes do you like the kindle better than the ipad? Or are they about the same?

Quote:
I prefer Amazon just because I buy all my stuff there - books, groceries, canning supplies... So yeah, I got a kindle. We have 3 versions of Kindle (Kindle 2, Kindle DX and Kindle 3) in the house. We also use it on our phones, and on our laptops. So nice to have everything connected. Oh - I also have the kindle app on my iPad.

I find the Kindle nicer than the iPad for reading because of the e-ink and also because, when I'm in the tub, I can slip it into a ziploc and still use it (it has buttons).

Back
Top Bottom