Escaped Peahen

Jarlaxle

Hatching
Oct 23, 2015
First time poster and I don't actually own any birds, but I live in southern Ontario, and we have an escaped peahen living on my university campus. The first two months (nobody claimed her or called looking) were great. A mascot, of sorts.
As we head into November and chillier weather, though, I'm beginning to worry. When the snow starts falling, will she be ok? Will she find food?

Well she lives on the campus of my university. She's not actually mine. I'm just wondering if she will actually survive the winter or if we need to find someone to come and claim her.

First time poster and I don't actually own any birds, but I live in southern Ontario, and we have an escaped peahen living on my university campus. The first two months (nobody claimed her or called looking) were great. A mascot, of sorts.
As we head into November and chillier weather, though, I'm beginning to worry. When the snow starts falling, will she be ok? Will she find food?

Peafowl tend to know how to take care of themselves. She should be fine if she can get cover from snow. A zoo or your local fish and game wildlife might take her and move her somewhere more appropriate.

Back
Top Bottom