Ethic Delima: Marijuana?

Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI: Marijuana is not addictive. In order to be considered so, there must be physical withdrawl symptoms when use is abruptly stopped. This does not happen with pot. Will you still crave it after quitting? yes, probaly so, but addictive? No.

So far I don't believe their is any link from pot smoking to cancer, I may have missed that report though. There is a link to cancer from barbecueing and charred meat. There is links with many of our loved foods. There is a link to heart disease from animal proteins and salt.

Your biggest cancer risk comes from wheat, rice, potatoes, corn, high fructose corn syrup and table sugar. Cancer cells thrive on glucose and insulin along with insulin growth factors. Pot doesn't raise glucose levels....now, what you eat when you get the munchies...that is another story
tongue.png

Quote:
I don't believe that "IT" encourages harder drug use, I believe that harder drug use happens when an individual exercises his/her personal choice........ JMO

"it should be used medicinally for those that it would help."
100 % AGREED!!!!!
20 years ago I was providing hospice care for a young man (23) who had ALS. He could no longer walk, move his arms, breathe on his own, could no longer talk, he was fed via GI tube. He watched his dad die from the same illness at the same age his own young daughter watched him die, who sadly 20 years later has died from the same illness.
He did not live in a state where MM was legal. He had a doctor that was all for the use of MM tea, but he could not legally obtain it. It broke my heart to see the dangerous situations his dear mother would put herself in just to get "IT" for him. He did benefit from the effects of it though. It was as if you could almost see the pain recess from the shore long enough for him to tolerate at most 10 minutes with his little girl curled up next to him. His body was so pain sensitive it hurt to the lightest touch. He also was able to tolerate using his laser pointer on the alphabet chart on the wall in front of him for communicating.
I guess what I am trying to say is that it should have been easier for them to obtain legally for medicinal purposes. For his sake, IMO the quality of his life would have a better with more pain free time with his daughter, wife and mother.

Exactly. Pain is pain, noone can judge another's pain levels.

When Jim had his car wreck, head split open, 6 of 7 vertebrae in his neck broke, and shattered. He was denied pain meds because the level it took to affect him went beyond what they deemed necessary. They didnt treat "drug addicts".I assure you, he wasnt even taking tylenol, it didnt do any good, he would have overdosed on them, just to relieve a smidgen of pain, how good would that look for a hippie looking guy.
lau.gif

This from all the pain management clinics, hospitals, doctors offices, etc. The top pain institute in the state would not treat him, they would not even touch him.

u have to take into account the age of ppl using it...a new study in aus showed that boys gowing through puberty and adolescence using it frequently gave them a 50% increase of testicular cancer and prostate cancer...it also makes the testosterone levels reduced quite abit so then when boys become men they are more feminine....as in not as much hair as they would have had, not as tall, not as big muscles....now this is not in every case...every1 is different and it might not even cause a blip on the radar...but u have to be aware of this fact....in saying that however, the chances of the cancer are still 100 x less then getting cancer from too much smoking or drinking. i believe it is addictive....but only if u let it control ur life...other drugs will take control no matter what u do. at least with this drug u have a choice to let it get to u...and it is much easier to stop

as for abortion...that depends on whether u call it a fetus or a baby....from the start id call it a baby, so id call it killing....others dont believe its a baby till its born...but in saying that, i think if some1 were to get raped then they should have the option...otherwise....if u play with fire know the consequences!!! if u dont want babies...dont do what adults do! unless ur going to do the adult thing and protect urself properly! its not the baby's fault it was put there...there are many sides to both and abortion....medical, personnal, legal and then theres the religious side....how old r u? what is this study for? r u a uni person? (i dont know what u call it in america) or is it for ordinary school? y did ur mum not want u to use google? the more info u have the better ur choice will be

My brother has Crohns & I am sure that without him "self-medicating" he wouldn't be with us here today.

Can some one answer me this? Canada decriminalized pot what is the difference between that and "legalizing"?
Stormie, over 42%? Really? That's awfully....high.

yuckyuck.gif

I'm pretty sure it means it reduces the charge, if you're caught, to a misdemeanor as opposed to a felony. I think in Indiana it's a misdemeanor if you're caught with more than an ounce, but heaven help you if they find the pipe you smoke it from.
Doesn't make sense to me, either.
If you think about it, decriminalization of it would save us millions. Obama wouldn't have needed to sign that stimulus package if it were legal and Uncle Sam was taxing it. Especially if the 42% number is really accurate. We were watching cops just the other night and they found a field of it somewhere. They were on there talking about how it was such a huge field of it that it took 21 men and a helicopter two days to get rid of it all. Think of that cost alone. those 21 men and the helicopter could have been canvassing the meth hoods and doing something REALLY productive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom