Euskal Oiloa ( Basque Thread)

woot.gif
Awesome, FWDH! Congratulations and welcome to the club!

1 Rooster and 3 Hens....all about 18 months old. Since they have arrived it got cool here and they have started to Moult...they will have to finish that and then get settled in and I'm sure they will begin laying again.  As soon as I get this camera thing figured out, I'll post some pics.

You lucky dog!
Im glad you were able to snatch them. Yes hopefully they start laying really really soon for you! Did you order any chicks from skyline?

MC....yes I ordered from Skyline. Haven't recieved them yet but I'm looking forward to have some color diversity in them and all I have ever read is good things about James and his chicks. I'm excited about those also!!

MC....yes I ordered from Skyline.  Haven't recieved them yet but I'm looking forward to have some color diversity in them and all I have ever read is good things about James and his chicks.  I'm excited about those also!!

Great! Everyones EO flocks by next this time next year should be in full swing. It would be great to do a EO egg swap around then to mix up the blood in our flocks.

Right now I have a Skyline poultry Rooster, Greenfire Farms pullet and roo, eggs In the bator from Mrs Fluffy Puffy, and more chicks from skyline soon.

Have to get some of MD's eggs to have those in the gene pool also. Hopefully Rons and Megs EO can add to that soon as well. I would love to have some from everyone eventually.

Mike

@ CR - Tell Godzilla to quit picking on Mr. Pinks comb... I see at least two deli sandwiches in that breast of his!
lau.gif

Rehome your cockerels in your tum-tum and let me know if you need help with the hens... I've got a neighbor lady looking for two hens (or pullets) and I'm right where I want to be for the winter. Sold all the pullets I couldn't keep at the big swap.

It's amazing how much the pullets look just like their mommas. Here's a pic of the crew now, you can probably pick which one yours came from. It will be interesting to see if the cross with Mr. Black pulls them down in weight at the same age, or if they hold their type. Your light girl is out of my pullet that went broody.
I know you are right about the cockerels. It's just that my DH gets so attached to the roosters. I'll see how it goes, and maybe he'll be okay if I do it sometime when he isn't home.

It's really neat to see how much they are like their parents. Of course, I completely agree with Susan. You've done an excellent job selecting your breeding stock. I'm really pleased to have pullets from you, and I probably would keep/hatch more if I wasn't planning to move now at the end of the school year. I've got to narrow my flock down to be able to drive it to Arkansas!

CR, love the Godizlla shot as well. He really is stunning
love.gif
, I have never seen the recessive white males before, for some reason haven't seen any white's come through yet with my birds
idunno.gif
The recessive white is definitely common in the States birds. I have four right now, all males. He really is a good-looking bird, and he's been pretty friendly. I do hope I can find a place for him, for my DH's sake.

Have you all seen the comercial from KFC when the guy says...."I ate the bones........I Ate The Bones......I ATE THE BONES" ?????
D.gif
Well I feel kinda like him because..... I've got some EO's....I've Got Some EO's......I'VE GOT SOME EO'S.
celebrate.gif
It probably doesn't matter to most people but I am tickeled to death.
yesss.gif
Congratulations!!!!
woot.gif

CR....are you moving to Arkansas??? Not to wish anything bad upon you...but I hope you do. I really don't know why...maybe because if you are that close, I can pick your brain a little more about EO's!!!!!!
yippiechickie.gif
One of my best 'chicken buddies' lives just a few miles into Oklahoma from Arkansas.

My beautiful red Basque hen

Now for my two lighter colored females~

Perfect match, no? ; )

Enjoying some time out of the run

My Ducks and Geese were not too sure what to think of these new 'crowers'...

This 'Lemon Crele' boy is going up on Craigslist tomorrow. Also have a white Basque boy that I'm going to try and rehome.

The girls gave me two lovely eggs today. Pretty sure my red 'gal is laying the dark brown eggs.

Enjoy

~ Aspen
What are the parents of these beautiful roosters?

Each of my pens has 3 roosters in it. The bantam pen has 2 lemon blue/Brown Reds and a D'Ucce. The big bird pen has my two EO's and a blue wheaten Am rooster. While all 3 of the bantam roos hang out together and crow at will, Big Fella, my darker colored EO rules his pen with an iron fist - no crowing or breeding allowed by anyone but him! Otherwise there is no fighting or fuss between them, at least not so far. The other rooster is actually more traditionally colored with a nice comb, but Big Fella is my favorite no doubt. When I catch hens in the pen and they fuss, he runs up and pecks them, not me.

Back
Top Bottom