Euskal Oiloa ( Basque Thread)

Just wanted to pop in and say hello!

I waltzed into the PNW Poultry Show on Saturday and ended up bringing home a trio of Euskal Oiloak; two pullets and a young roo. The roosters are incredibly magnificent! I am so smitten, both with the temperament and their gorgeous plumage (roo and one pullet look very marraduna, while one pullet has less ticking with blue legs- I'll have to post photos to see what you guys think!) . I'm not set up for breeding yet, but I am considering setting up a facility dedicated to this breed (once I learn more, obviously!) and to salmon Faverolles in the next year or two.

Anywho, hello from SW Washington!

I waltzed into the PNW Poultry Show on Saturday and ended up bringing home a trio of Euskal Oiloak; two pullets and a young roo. The roosters are incredibly magnificent! I am so smitten, both with the temperament and their gorgeous plumage (roo and one pullet look very marraduna, while one pullet has less ticking with blue legs- I'll have to post photos to see what you guys think!) . I'm not set up for breeding yet, but I am considering setting up a facility dedicated to this breed (once I learn more, obviously!) and to salmon Faverolles in the next year or two.

Good luck with them! Got any pics of them to post?

Congrats on a good find.
celebrate.gif
They are an awesome breed!!

Look forward to some pictures!!

So what age are the boys good to eat?

I've several of the cockerels (20+? 30?) that I'm feeding. I'm starting to look at them and think "DINNER!"

Congrats on a good find.
celebrate.gif
They are an awesome breed!!

Look forward to some pictures!!
You and lauragutknecht asked, and you shall receive!
yippiechickie.gif

First off, let's start with the roo, Monsieur No Name Yet.

And hen #1, Penny, the blue legger. She's the leader of the pack so far, she's a little bossy compared to the other two.

And hen #2, calling her Flora. She'll perch on your shoulders if you're not careful. Content to be packed around like a football.

Thanks for the warm welcome, so happy that there's a thread dedicated to this breed!
love.gif

Oh they are lovely wishingbee!!!
love.gif

Cockerel has decent feather colour, he will change a bit as he matures. The pullets are nice a well, too bad about the blue legs on the one pullet. Not sure if breeding her with a yellow legged rooster will alleviate it with any offspring, genetics are not my strong point
hmm.png

Hello wishingbee, Kudos on the find. Great opportunity. My oldest DD just this week moved from Austin, Tx to Vancouver Wa. I'm really looking forward to a late winter visit before the prices go up on the airline tickets.
lau.gif

You and lauragutknecht asked, and you shall receive!
yippiechickie.gif

First off, let's start with the roo, Monsieur No Name Yet.

And hen #1, Penny, the blue legger. She's the leader of the pack so far, she's a little bossy compared to the other two.

And hen #2, calling her Flora. She'll perch on your shoulders if you're not careful. Content to be packed around like a football.

Thanks for the warm welcome, so happy that there's a thread dedicated to this breed!
love.gif
Wow.. beautiful! Welcome, and thanks for posting those! I'm lusting on your beautiful clean coop. I wish they all stayed that way! I recently power washed and disinfected my coop after rehoming some old layers, and made way for the new girls in there. I was so dirty,, and gross I stayed in the shower for 20 minutes! Very pretty birds indeed.

MB

Back
Top Bottom