Euskal Oiloa ( Basque Thread)

Guys, I am not sure how to post when I have just joined. I didn't have a problem yesterday, but today, I can't seem to get it together. Without further ado, I am very interested in the Marraduna Basque, and have, this past May, 2014, purchased 2 pullets from Worth It Farms in GA. Neither of them come close to the Spanish SOP, but, they seem of good type and the younger has beautiful yellow legs.
I am in N Ga, and hope to add to my little flock.
welcome-byc.gif
Well, you've come to the right place. Stick around and see who have some offered in your area.

Thanks for your reply, LindaB220,
Actually, I am only about 1 1/2 hrs. south of Skyline Poultry in TN and hope to be able to arrange a visit sometime soon. And of course I hope there are other GA breeders.
I looked back at the post I made yesterday, and I did not mean to infer that I was unhappy with the Marraduna pullets from Worth It Farms. Kristy made it very clear that the two I purchased, she was not keeping for her breeding program
However they are certainly true to the personality traits that I have read so much about, and that is why I will be looking for others!

Thanks for your reply, LindaB220,
Actually, I am only about 1 1/2 hrs. south of Skyline Poultry in TN and hope to be able to arrange a visit sometime soon. And of course I hope there are other GA breeders.
I looked back at the post I made yesterday, and I did not mean to infer that I was unhappy with the Marraduna pullets from Worth It Farms. Kristy made it very clear that the two I purchased, she was not keeping for her breeding program
However they are certainly true to the personality traits that I have read so much about, and that is why I will be looking for others!
Does Skyline even sell them anymore? I heard that they didn't. Can't wait to get my start again.
big_smile.png

I'm going to do the eggs next month. CackleJoy is in Ca but has the good Spanish import cockerel. I hope, I hope I can get some to live.

Last edited:
I've had 1 hen, for about 4-5 months, and yesterday, was completely flabbergasted, when I was given 2 more hens, and two GORGEOUS roosters. The gift, has caused me to re-think how to house my flock. These roos are just unbelievably handsome. The girls, all three, are beautiful, and very sweet. I think I may start breeding them, next year, as well as my Blue Andalusians. These are two of the prettiest breeds I've owned, as beautiful as the silver laced Wyandottes I have.

Wow, LindaB220. I had not heard that Skyline was not selling any more chickens. I was going by the website info that he would not be taking anymore orders until after Nov., 2014. I will do further checking by sending them an email for more info.
I would love to buy eggs to hatch from Cacklejoy, but I am not set up for hatching. Don't have any of the supplies, have never done it before.
I love the Basque, and will have to come up with a way to have myself a little flock to enjoy. My ideal would be to buy juvenile pullets and maybe one rooster. My little Maria and Speckles come running when I call their name, no matter where they are. Me or the Mealy Worms anyone's guess
hugs.gif
, but they hang around my feet whenever I am out at the barn and around the horses, etc. I love them.

Wow, LindaB220. I had not heard that Skyline was not selling any more chickens. I was going by the website info that he would not be taking anymore orders until after Nov., 2014. I will do further checking by sending them an email for more info.
I would love to buy eggs to hatch from Cacklejoy, but I am not set up for hatching. Don't have any of the supplies, have never done it before.
I love the Basque, and will have to come up with a way to have myself a little flock to enjoy. My ideal would be to buy juvenile pullets and maybe one rooster. My little Maria and Speckles come running when I call their name, no matter where they are. Me or the Mealy Worms anyone's guess
hugs.gif
, but they hang around my feet whenever I am out at the barn and around the horses, etc. I love them.
Look for someone on BYC that is close to you and will hatch them.

I hatch for local BYCrs here in the Woodland\Sacramento area. Some Konza Rangers will be shipped to me for hatching in the Spring.

Back
Top Bottom