evaporated milk

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by curliet, Jan 14, 2009.

1. curliet

curliet Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2008
    west Michigan
    I have a few cans of evaporated milk, not sweetened condensed, but evaporated. Is this something that would be okay for chickens? I have been giving them a warm breakfast every morning, mixing hot water with some of their own feed, and adding a little of whatever is leftover from last nights supper. They love it. Just wondering if I could add some fo this milk to the mix.

2. chantecler

chantecler Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2008
    Moncton New Brunswick
    Milk is a good source of Riboflavin for chickens. the condensed milk should be fine too. I give milk to my chickens and they absolutely love it. You could always water down the condenesed milk if you were concerned, besides it would make it last longer too. [​IMG]

3. SCOUT123

SCOUT123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2014
    San Jose, CA
    Does anyone know if I could use condensed milk in a milk flush against coccidiosis?

4. Wyorp Rock

Wyorp Rock Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Southern N.C. Mountains
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  5. SCOUT123

SCOUT123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2014
    San Jose, CA
    I'm pretty sure I have cocci in my "flock" (there are only two chicks XD and they're both about 2 weeks old)
    They're not showing any symptoms at all other than the orangish reddish poop thankfully.
    And btw I can't get any Corid/Amprolium/AmproMed as none of the stores around me carry it and I'm not allowed to order online.

Thanks, though!!

(here's the link on the milk flush https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/186479/milk-flush-for-coccidiosis )

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by