Ever Heard of this complaint?

You can safely say it. Look at it this way. The human race is over populated and all that garbage, like wanna be eggs will help take care of the problem. That leaves more land and room for chicken folks, like those that hang out here!
yippiechickie.gif
wee.gif
clap.gif

I haven't had a complaint about the yolk being "too yellow" but I have had a customer complain about the shell being "too hard" to crack open
lol.png
supermarket people just don't understand the real gift of a farm fresh egg

I'm still laughing about not eating the egg that came out of the chickens bottom! My DS (11) goes out twice a day to collect and his latest idea of an afternoon snack is 2 fried eggs...

I had never had farm eggs until a couple years ago and the first time I saw a hard boiled egg with that almost orange yolk, I thought there was something wrong with it. Knowing that our chickens run loose on the farm, I didn't know WHAT the heck they had gotten into! Now of course, I know it's normal.

my neighbors are the same way...I have tried several times to give them eggs and they "don't eat anything but store eggs". stoooopid people. I'll have to try alfalfa this winter...never thought about doing that before.

We get really orangy/bright yellow yolks when we feed hay or have the chickens on grass too. Most people around here want the brighter yolk. I haven't had anyone complain they were too bright, but I am sure it is coming. If it can be said, it will be...

Funny y'all should mention the eggs from a chicken's butt....I think it's more common than we think, people's ignorance of where their food comes from. I worked with a group of women, ages 20's to 60's and we had a discussion one day about eggs and I had mentioned the line from "Fried Green Tomatoes". One of the women, in her late 50's, argued with me about eggs coming from a chicken's butt. She said that they came from a separate hole, didn't they? ALL of those women thought that chickens had a vagina like humans, from whence these eggs came! And this was a rural town! They all swore to never eat eggs again when I told them the grisly details. Like the image of eggs coming out of a vagina somehow made the eggs seem more palatable?
idunno.gif
lol.png
I also worked with a lady that said she preferred store bought eggs, that farm eggs were too yellow. Go figure.
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom