Ever sew thru your finger?

Quote:
Oh my goodness! We MUST be long lost twin sisters! If there is a way to hurt oneself with ordinary household items, you can bet I'll find that way!!

silkiechicken, I can honestly say....I feel your pain! Sorry on the ouchie! :aww

OWWWWWWWWWWWW made me wince to read the title Gritsar
ep.gif
my mom did the same exact thing.........I do not sew.........maybe the memory of her finger with needle in it is why.....Take care of it..........geesh....I am still wincing.........:eek:

I've never done the needle trick but I did get my pointer finger slammed in one of those fancy fold every which way ladder 3 weeks ago and I just now lost my whole finger nail. Then it seems I just have to bump it into something every little bit to remind me it's not there! Hope it gets to feeling better it makes mine hurt to just think about it.

My oldest son did that - I have an embroidery machine and it was running and I had walked way to let it run. It was in another room with a gate up to keep the kids out.

Well, don't you know it, DS #1 has to go check it out and got his finger sewed and he was stuck in the machine.

He was maybe 3 at the time. I did call the pediatrician but he said if it was a clean 'stab' and he had a tetanus shot there was no reason to bring him in.

He did lose the nail eventually, but it healed up fine....and he never got near my machine again either...

OMG I am so SORRY! I hate needles...ugh!
th.gif

and BLOOD! I hate the sight of blood!
th.gif

I gotta go...
sad.png

Sorry. Take care of that Grit.

...and no, I've never sewn through my finger. When/IF I sew it's with thread n needle with a BIG THIMBLE ON.
roll.png

Last edited:
I have never sewed thruough my finger, but last night i was working on my call duck cage, and the cat jumped up where i was hammering, and i hit my finger. It ripped the skin from the tip my nail down to the end of my finger,( i could see meat!) and i got a good ole blood blister. STUPID CAT!
smack.gif
And i was almost done now i have to wait till my blister pops, and my skin heals or falls of and grows again!
barnie.gif

Edited to add: It has not kept me from this site tho, im down to 9 fingers. It will take a lot to stop me!
tongue.png

Last edited:
Quote:
I've done that too. I used to work for a CVS pharmacy in the days before plastic bags. We were required to fold down the top of the bag and staple it. One day I had this really nasty woman customer and of course I was flustered. I stapled right into my thumb and just stood there looking at it. Man, it hurt. And all she could do was complain that she wanted a new bag because I was bleeding on the first one. The manager got her a new one after I passed out.

Back
Top Bottom